• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Compiled Mutator List

Witzig

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
I just though i'd create a Thread, where on can easily find Links to Threads on this board, or somewhere else about Mutators.

General Server Stuff:

Gameplay:
As Always PM me or post here if i miss out on a new Mutator (PMs prefered). Thanks :)

Old Versions:

Scoobin said:
BTW, what is a mutator?

(I've just searched the FAQ and found nothing so I'm allowed to ask) ;)

I guess the technical definition of a mutator would be: a small mod that does not add anything really new (and therefor is not really a "mod"), but uses the code allready in the game to alter how things are done, IE "mutating" what is happening.

Like Witzig said, you use them to make small alterations in the game, like changing the time limit on maps, or you could use them to replace all Panzerfausts lying around in the map to PTRD's, so basically you can use them to make small corrections to the game or maps without having to make a whole new game-type or redoing the maps.

But if you where to add weapons or tanks, it should probably be called a "mod" and not a "mutator".

Upvote 0