• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Compiled Mutator List

Witzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
I just though i'd create a Thread, where on can easily find Links to Threads on this board, or somewhere else about Mutators.

General Server Stuff:

Gameplay:
As Always PM me or post here if i miss out on a new Mutator (PMs prefered). Thanks :)

Old Versions:

Tzefanya

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 5, 2006
The ones I created were compiled with the RO:O dedicated server and were tested exclusively on it.

Witzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
Its something like a Mod which changes the Way a Server handles things, more reinforcment Time, TeamKill Punishment, Blackout on Death. Or basically its another Word for Modification, but sounds better imho, its a term often used with UT Games.

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
Scoobin said:
BTW, what is a mutator?

(I've just searched the FAQ and found nothing so I'm allowed to ask) ;)
I guess the technical definition of a mutator would be: a small mod that does not add anything really new (and therefor is not really a "mod"), but uses the code allready in the game to alter how things are done, IE "mutating" what is happening.

Like Witzig said, you use them to make small alterations in the game, like changing the time limit on maps, or you could use them to replace all Panzerfausts lying around in the map to PTRD's, so basically you can use them to make small corrections to the game or maps without having to make a whole new game-type or redoing the maps.

But if you where to add weapons or tanks, it should probably be called a "mod" and not a "mutator".

Scoobin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2006
New Zealand
Ohh ok. I'd understand this in other games to simply mean server settings, however I assume RO doesn't offer these options under server settings.

{FEAR} FriEd_EgGg

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2006
I downloaded the serveraddsse pac and uploaded it to the server and added the lines specified in the readme but i still dont see how to use it with the web admin . did i miss something .. or can someone tell me if this mutator works with redorchestra ?

I am very green so go slow ...lol :p