• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Company of heroes

Hehe well I did a bit of scouting, and every Axis unit spawns at the road at the top. 6 AT guns, 6 machineguns, 3 machinegun emplacements, plenty of sandbags and infantry will hold them off there I bet. :)

well the 2 top roads, maybe the road on the far left too, not sure

but arty lands there as well, I know I tried setting up there before :D
I was doing fairly well until the arty strikes :mad:
And the pesky pioneers flaming my AT guns!

You can get some nice crossfire setup for the road on the right, but the left side is harder

Upvote 0
Finnally WON, as germans

I upgraded the Krieg thing first, and got the other upgrades for the HQ, bought the veteran-crack-elite infantry upgrades too, capped LOADS of points with no resistance, made a foward barracks in church, put Grenadiers on sentry patrol, made some AT guns in certain places, blocked off alternate routes to some points.

Finally developed vehicles n tanks, and the rest really writ itself.

I purposely left the last machine gun unharmed so I could play around with units.

I noticed that land morphing dissappears after a while , and just leaves the clice black scar on ground :(

Upvote 0
Just killed 2 Expert computers on St.Hellaire with Waxx. It was the most awesome experience in coh so far for me. We got pushed into our base within 10 minutes, and had to fight off hordes of infantry for about an hour. But we managed able to counter attack, capture a bunch of points in the city area and destroy the enemy base. We played as allies btw.
://www.phwonline.com/images/users/Waxx/cohwin.jpg

Upvote 0
anyway I did some tests with Rivatuner to record the Vram used in each of the settings with a replay of Semois.

I noticed that the amount slowly rises with the higher settings, and I only played for a few mins in each setting. I'd imagine with the bigger maps,
and with lots of craters, destroyed buildings, barbed wire and bunkers etc the number would rise quite a bit!

1280x960, 16x AF all settings on high/ultra, no AA, well it never turns on in this game even if I set it on in the Nvida control panel....

Texture settings

1) low - 142 megs

2) medium - 177.5

3) High - there is a small 312 meg spike - then drops to about 199 and slowly rises to 203 after a few minutes

4) Ultra - 491 meg spike then drops to a steady 331 and slowly rises to 337 after a few minutes

more testing with a saved game after 1.5 hours of play later and some bigger maps. I have seen a sustained 380megs on the ultra setting before

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL the full game is so much harder than the demo!!!

the same 2 missions in the demo, are way different and the 2nd one is somewhat persistant in that whatever units you build, resources etc and buildings that may have been damaged carry over from the previous mission!
So it will probbaly play differently for everyone

this game is sweet :cool:

Upvote 0
V1.2 retail patch out already

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/companyheroes/en_1_0_0_to_1_2_0.exe.html

anyway mods and skirmiah will keep me playing it for a long time. As it did for Dawn of war, well the Winter Assault expansion. The Dawn of War Skirmish AI mod was so much better than the retail AI, the teamwork with the AI actually works

Hope that mod team make something similar for COH, if not I'll do it msyelf :)

Upvote 0