• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Company of heroes

impossible to win against ai **** sake

Damn ****s always get tanks when i'm infantry build, how the hell do you suppose I kill them, use harsh language?

Shame you can't stop them from building armor which ruins the fun
Excatly how I felt today after playong against AI.

I held the line quite easily but when the stugs attack supported with 6(yes, six) antitank guns.
And no, i didn't just sit around waiting it to happen, I just got 2 shermans when the tank rush begins.

Ruins the fun.

Upvote 0
It's quite easy, use barb wire and tank traps. Stugs CANNOT drive through the traps, only heavy tanks can do that (very realistic :rolleyes: ).
If you want to I can post a replay against the normal AI. Before they managed to get through I had AT guns.

And remember: always use AP shells!

Though, I hate the hit point system in CoH, tracks and turrets should be damaged if hit right.

Upvote 0
I think you will more specified damage system when the game is released, as of now it looks to have bugs. Also I've given up on making defenses, they never work, the best thin is to have a mobile force, it is the best defense. But I might go play and barracade the hell out of myself, but the ai will just arty the tank traps, and pick my bunkers off with AT guns, I'll have to make a bunch of 88s, but my pop cap will probably prevent me from making enough engineers to maintain the defense after I have made 10 88s and and bunches of mortars.

Upvote 0
well you need to deny him the fuel points to slow down his armour buildup. Not all fuel points are the same, some give more resource, check the overview map

The Axis need lots of fuel to tech up as well

Also don't waste resources on OP points like the manpower ones that only give you 1 extra resource rate but cost 200 to do so. It doesn't help your budget in the early game

You have to streamline your buying and upgrade strategy in the early going to make sure you have anti-tank weaponry around before he gets armour out

But get some tank traps and barbed wire to limit his mobility

Also if you look at the Allied side, they can get rifleman and jeeps out pretty quickly if you build a barracks first up. I saw the AI do this in a team game on the bigger maps as the first thing he did. I normally spam engies to go cap. But I experimented wth this and found rilfeman cap and build OP much faster than engies do due to having more men. So maybe you can use the intial wave of engies to cap and get some rilfemen to build OPs really fast and they also kill the pioneers better. Plus I get the Bar upgrade real early which gives me a big range and firepower advantage over the Axis infantry.
Jeeps are even better for mobility but can't cap, but good for protecting the engies

Upvote 0
also don't completely cutoff access with tank traps and barbed wire, leave an opening so he has less reason to blow them up :)

Then mine the opening and stack dug in AT guns and mortars etc there. A jeep to spot snipers, plus a halftrack for heavy duty MG support and squa d reinforcement
I normally use a few bends in the tank trap and barbed wire at the opening to funnel the enemy and so they expose their rear ends to my AT guns etc

But after he gets frustrated he will sometimes seek out other paths, ie in my last game I noticed a squad of Grenadiers snuck up to my far right and started to shrek the barbed wire open, luckly I moved a mortar over had built some MG nests and sandbags for a rifleman squad I rushed over to there.
Then he sent lots of infantry!

Upvote 0
A good axis player has a huge advantage if he techs as soon as he can to skirmish (no Wehrmact barracks) and gets a Krieg barracks. Grenadiers and Half tracks completly overwhelm anything the allies can put out in early-mid game. And by the time the allied player can put out Greyhounds the Axis player has Stugs. Lots of Stugs. And Panzer HQ isn't far off either.

I've used the above strat for a good 10-20 games now, and with a little hitch here and there I haven't lost a 1vs1 match yet with it. On 2vs2 or 3vs3 it doesn't work as well but gives you the edge.

Upvote 0
anyway beating the 2nd Mission is one thing, but can you get the gold medal while doing so? :cool:

I have a bronze, you get a silver for beating it and getting all the secondary objectives. You get the gold for doing all this while not allowing a single German unit across the bridge...

Originally they had it, that to get gold, you had to do all the above without buying any more units other than what you got at the start and what you could salvage in the town like the abandoned AT guns and Shreks....
Needless to say it's quite hard so they changed it :D

Upvote 0
impossible to win against ai **** sake

Damn ****s always get tanks when i'm infantry build, how the hell do you suppose I kill them, use harsh language?

What everyone else said about mines and AT guns and tank traps, but also sticky bombs can easily kill unsupported Stug's. Turreted tanks don't come until later, at which point you can have your own tanks, or the appropriate AT rocket launcher.

Upvote 0
It's quite easy, use barb wire and tank traps. Stugs CANNOT drive through the traps, only heavy tanks can do that (very realistic :rolleyes: ).
If you want to I can post a replay against the normal AI. Before they managed to get through I had AT guns.

And remember: always use AP shells!

Though, I hate the hit point system in CoH, tracks and turrets should be damaged if hit right.

I made the map full of tank traps, but alas, the stugs just shot once and rushed through them(realistic?)

My AT guns made them burning wrecks but when the AI has supernatural sense of undefended spots, they rush through and roll over you.

Upvote 0
The AI doesn't cheat. It takes 2 command points to be able to get stormtroopers (400 mp) and 3 to get stugs and a squad of stormtroopers (700mp).

That's 1900 MP, for 4 squads of Stormtroopers and a stug, hardly a huge sum over a few minutes.
But when the Ai had only three territories left(base+munitition+fuel) and after some vehicle attacks(the stug and some other vehicles) the resources should be quite drained. Where do you rip up that kind of resources then?

Upvote 0