• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Company of Heroes: No bull**** mod

Kipper

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2006
Connecticut, United States
Well, I like CoH, but the butchering of reality bothers me to no end. I want to mod the game so that the units in game will be used for what they were in reality. For instance, I want the Nebelwerfer to not suck anymore and I'm getting rid of the Pershing. However, I need help from all you WW2 grognards out there.

What I need:
-squad makeup (personell, weapons, numbers)
-data for weapons/armor/speed
-how common were units on the front
-where units should fit into the order of battle (skirmish phase in CoH etc.)

Preferably, you have CoH and play it. I know that the Relic forums would be a better place for this thread, but I don't trust those kids to be useful. You guys here are intelligent enough to be helpful.

I can hook you up with as much armour values/penetrations values/angles/speed/etc. and whatnot from Combat Mission as you want (I trust them more than a lot of other sources). And I know a few people here have some really good links on squad structures of the nations involved.

I do have CoH, and although I love the semi-realistic (movement and cover) and arcadey gameplay of it, it would be cool to have a heavy realism mod.

PS- one sec though, gotta get my father from the airport :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The German tanks will be quite strong, at least the Panther and Tiger. However, I am going to add hard unit caps to all these. The maximum amount of tanks that can be fielded by the Germans would be: 5 StuG IVs, three Panzer IVs, two Panthers, and one Tiger. Allies have an unlimited amount of tanks that can be fielded. My idea is rather than have you be able to build those Sherman variants, you build the standard Sherman. Then you have the option, for a small cost, to change the Sherman into a Croc or Calliope for a minute before it reverts back to the standard Sherman. This represents the Sherman's flexibility in combat. To combat Axis armor, the Allies will need to make extensive use of artillery and close air support. All infantry squads will now have a radio to call in artillery and the Allies will have much greater access to aircraft regardless of whether they go Airborne, Armor, or Infantry.

I am debating however whether or not I will change the weapon and armor statistics at all. I am torn between revamping the unit makeup and availibility and revamping everything from the ground up. I am unsure. I'll wait and see how the alpha works out.

Yes, I am well aware of all the mods availible on the Relic Forums. I even tried Normandy '44. I was not all too impressed however.

Upvote 0
To combat Axis armor, the Allies will need to make extensive use of artillery and close air support

Well the ranges that occur in Company of Heroes almost every (excluding Tiger and Panther possibly) tank would be KO in one single hit, no matter is it Sherman or PanzerIV or StuG or something.

So as a sad fact you would need to 'nerf' the damage values greatly already by the fact that the ranges in CoH are quite short. So the one who spots the enemy first is usually the winner, so even Stuart will be a threat for PzIV and StuG at those ranges.

So with all the respect have fun modding CoH, but I wonder how you are going to solve this issue? Make it necessary to destroy any German tank with arty and airforce? :p

Upvote 0