• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Comp gaming, PC Gamer and announcements coming!

Yes, it is that time of the week again. Yes, Evan Lahti (and a camera crew) were over here in Atlanta this week to film some interview material. Rona (their producer) was wishing for sweet tea, heat and a good storm, seeing they don't get any of that in San Fran. She got sweet tea with her lunch, temp pushing past 90 in the afternoon - and a hefty Atlanta storm in the evening. Officially about 1.5 inches of rain in a 2-3 hour period, but it felt like more. So everyone was happy. Except my daughter, who was supposed to be starting training for track with a new club. It was cancelled, otherwise it would be swim training, not track.

Evan tweeted some comment about announcements very soon - he's right, of course. E3 is out of the way, Riccitiello and Kotick are slanging each other's companies again, EA are pointing fingers (VERY bizarrely) at Valve - and now it will be our turn to actually put out GOOD news. Starting next week... the sort of news gamers like to hear, not the garbage that belongs in a crap reality TV show. PC Gamer are lining up a stack of material for RO fans over the next couple of months - but you'll have to bother them about that - so go pester on the PCG forums!

Competitive gaming: some of you have spotted (and it has now been highlighted elsewhere on the forums - see this thread HERE) that we are holding a TS conference, hosted by nKM of Rush Zone, for a bunch of comp/pro gamers from the BF and CoD worlds. It will be moderated etc.

For the RO faithful, there probably won't be anything new from our side - but a lot of this will be new for the guys coming in. Part of it is just the thought of the devs actually talking to them, maybe even listening :) Fell free to stick your heads in, but keep in mind that it will be moderated and may also be limited on numbers, in which case some people may be botted to make room for the intended audience of new warm bodies (who don't know us well enough to love us yet).

Just thinking of Evan, he jumped onto the beta test late yesterday. I didn't hear his reaction, but I shouold have logged one comment - "Alan is a hero". We were playing Countdown, our team pushing for the second-to-last Objective, out of reinforcements and going down steadily. I'd headed out for a run round the left flank, then cut back. Caught two of the enemy trying to push out and take down the remainder of our team. Cut left into a building and caught another. Upstairs for one more. Back down and through the ground floor route. Into the building behind the objective, shot another in the back, up the stairs. About to reload, turn around to find Keith (Swag) in my face from nowhere - and got my first melee kill. He swears he shot my head off, but the server clearly thought differently. Just reloaded in time to hip-shoot another one, before finally getting nailed from somewhere I didn't see. Apparently, I only had 6 more to kill for the win...

Nice, we had a pretty hefty rain a few days ago as well, it was about the same amount of rain, just in twenty minutes rather than a few hours.

I hope we can get some new screenshots or other goodies soon. You know how hard it is to get people excited about a game with outdated screenshots and outdated information?

I mean, I'm very glad you guys warned us about this period of nothingness before GDC (or during, or after, I can't really remember anymore), but I'd (as would the entire community) really appreciate a few new things, no matter how minuscule they are, just to satiate our desire for new info.

Upvote 0
Good news of course, but I also really hope you guys cover more media outlets than just PC Gamer. In the past when there have been articles many people had to try to get a hold of scans just to get the new information because the mags didn't release in their countries, or because print media is inherently limited.

PC Gamer is amazing as a supporter, of course, but I'd like to see media coming out for many different outlets so that as many people as possible get to see it.

Upvote 0
Hey, Wilson. I hope you have something better for the competitive community than the last time Ramm went into an interview with a competitive gamer, and just got exasperated with the questions, which seemed pretty basic. More to the point, I find it rather offensive that your last couple of blog-posts have seemingly been in support of 'gamers' and having a go at EA, while you recently (quietly) announced you're going to screw over everyone you can, squeezing them on regional pricing. You a big guy now, Wilson? You can push the little guy around? Fantastic. Good to see Keith/Swag is having lag issues already, too...

Upvote 0
Hey, Wilson. I hope you have something better for the competitive community than the last time Ramm went into an interview with a competitive gamer, and just got exasperated with the questions, which seemed pretty basic. More to the point, I find it rather offensive that your last couple of blog-posts have seemingly been in support of 'gamers' and having a go at EA, while you recently (quietly) announced you're going to screw over everyone you can, squeezing them on regional pricing. You a big guy now, Wilson? You can push the little guy around? Fantastic. Good to see Keith/Swag is having lag issues already, too...

Squeezing them on regional pricing? Go check your facts, dolt. We are one of the few developer/publishers who actually convert our pricing on Steam to take account of exchange rates - that is regional pricing. Next time check your facts first, dimwit.

Upvote 0
Troll said:
More to the point, I find it rather offensive that your last couple of blog-posts have seemingly been in support of 'gamers' and having a go at EA, while you recently (quietly) announced you're going to screw over everyone you can, squeezing them on regional pricing.

Source please? ..and honestly, EA deserves any and all vitriol they've earned. Big business suits don't advance the art of game creation and everyone knows that. But hey, cheers to a new penny squeezing business model a month - it's what gaming really needs!

Alan said:
Rona (their producer) was wishing for sweet tea, heat and a good storm, seeing they don't get any of that in San Fran

No we dont have those but we do have sweet weed, fog and the World Champion Giants :D Nice kill streak by the way Alan :cool:

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
good, good!

goodgood.gif

Upvote 0
Huh? Sounds like someone knows someone. Or something.

Oh well, don't feed the troll, as tempting as it is.

Upvote 0