• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Community weapons pack doesn't work

To any member of the TWI team...

The community weapons pack still doesn't work for Mac. Clearly I and all other Mac users who have bought this pack want what we have paid for. TWI has had a good amount of time to fix this issue or work with Steam to fix it. During this time nothing has been forthcoming than vague hints that "possibly you tried to fix it... maybe".

Currently most users are in the "it's not our fault" loop, where TWI say talk to Steam and Steam say talk to TWI. Whoever is at fault I would expect TWI to be taking the lead on getting this sorted out. No one is going to stop buying from Steam because of this but they might never buy a KF DLC again.

As far as I'm concerned this is just another case of TWI treating their Mac user base with utter contempt. We have had no update in over a week regarding this matter which is wholly unacceptable. Is this really the level of customer service that you aspire to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To any member of the TWI team...

The community weapons pack still doesn't work for Mac. Clearly I and all other Mac users who have bought this pack want what we have paid for. TWI has had a good amount of time to fix this issue or work with Steam to fix it. During this time nothing has been forthcoming than vague hints that "possibly you tried to fix it... maybe".

Currently most users are in the "it's not our fault" loop, where TWI say talk to Steam and Steam say talk to TWI. Whoever is at fault I would expect TWI to be taking the lead on getting this sorted out. No one is going to stop buying from Steam because of this but they might never buy a KF DLC again.

As far as I'm concerned this is just another case of TWI treating their Mac user base with utter contempt. We have had no update in over a week regarding this matter which is wholly unacceptable. Is this really the level of customer service that you aspire to?

Amen, bro. +1

Upvote 0
While I'm glad I found a fix for KF outright not launching, I really would like to be able to use the Flare Guns without hoping someone in the game has the DLC and has it working. I paid for it, perhaps not with money, but I paid for it and I want to use it. Please, Tripwire. If you can figure out what the problem is, just... don't sit on it.

Upvote 0
After telling me to reinstall Steam and KF a few times, Steam support told me this:
Hello Adam,

Please explain this to Killing Floor Support, as we cannot help with in game issues.

If you have any further difficulty, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

I told them that it shows the DLC as purchased in the steam store, but when in KF game it shows them as unpurchased and the DLC unbuyable in the trader. They told me to contact TWI since it's an ingame issue.

I feel like I'm getting nowhere here, and should just save my time until it is fixed. The Halloween skins and stuff are still out and it's been a week into November. After the Halloween deal ends I'll start getting noisy again. At this point it looks like Steam and TWI have no idea what is causing this. Steam told me to do everything they could (with steam and the steam downloading process) but TWI has said nothing except that it's a steam issue.

Upvote 0
Annoyed

Annoyed

It just flat out doesn't work for me.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, verified game cache and no success. Much like everyone else the weapon pack appears in Steam but not in-game, it's a Tripwire issue, just recognize it and fix it.

Currently I'm playing the weapons pack via Crossover PC Steam, it works just fine. Flare revolvers are now my new favourite, but that included reinstalling PC Killing Floor to Steam then editing string values and such to fix mouse issues. All this work for something that should be working in the first place.

Upvote 0
It just flat out doesn't work for me.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, verified game cache and no success. Much like everyone else the weapon pack appears in Steam but not in-game, it's a Tripwire issue, just recognize it and fix it.

Currently I'm playing the weapons pack via Crossover PC Steam, it works just fine. Flare revolvers are now my new favourite, but that included reinstalling PC Killing Floor to Steam then editing string values and such to fix mouse issues. All this work for something that should be working in the first place.

Upvote 0
Good news they have acknowledged it.

The bad news is, that the way in which they did it continues to show the absolute lack of any real thought when it comes to the Mac user base customer service. Why tag it on the bottom of an unrelated news post when they could announce it in the thread where every who has the problem is already looking???

double-facepalm1.jpg

Upvote 0
Just another update, I got this reply from Steam support today:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience regarding this issue. We are working with Tripwire to get this resolve as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and will have the issue resolved soon.

Nothing concrete, but feedback is always encouraging.

Also, composite nailed it on the head. It's hard for Mac users not to feel like second class citizens here.

Upvote 0
It was posted in the patch notes because everybody should read the patch notes and thus gives it the most visibility even to those outside of these forums.

We have been working with valve and responding to players on the issue since it happened. We have posted in this thread before and when players reported they still had issues we kept looking into the issue. We had nothing more to say other than we were continuing looking into it.

It is high on our priority list.

Upvote 0
It was posted in the patch notes because everybody should read the patch notes and thus gives it the most visibility even to those outside of these forums.

We have been working with valve and responding to players on the issue since it happened. We have posted in this thread before and when players reported they still had issues we kept looking into the issue. We had nothing more to say other than we were continuing looking into it.

It is high on our priority list.

I want to be clear that I appreciate that TWI is spending the time to investigate and fix this.

But from our perspective, the last official response to this bug was your post on 10/27 which stated that this should be fixed and users needed to contact Steam support if it still wasn't working for them. Steam support's response was either "We can't help with third party support, talk to TWI" or "We're looking into it. Please wait indefinitely." And then almost two weeks of radio silence.

As a software developer, I understand that sometimes you don't have anything specific you can say about an issue. But as a customer, two weeks is a long time to be left hanging when you've paid money for something that doesn't work and you have no idea who is working on fixing it or if it's even being worked on at all.

Again, I appreciate that TWI is working to fix this. I would just suggest a little more transparency on active issues. One post in the past two weeks that said "We are aware there still may be an issue on our end. We are investigating." would have alleviated a lot of the stress and frustration for those of us felt like we were caught between TWI and Valve shrugging us off.

Upvote 0
And information like that has been posted and set out via twitter, facebook, email and forums.

It was an over site to not post it back in this thread.

I didn't see anything posted on the TWI Facebook page other than a comment around the same time that said the issue should be fixed and check with Steam support. Maybe I missed it buried in some of the comments, but I was checking.

The only comments I saw on Twitter were one on your account saying it should be fixed around the same time and another on the TWI account around Nov 2 saying the same thing.

I followed the Mac Support, Technical Support, General Discussion, and News sections of this forum and followed the Steam forum and only saw the same comments I've stated above.

If this information (that TWI was still investigating the DLC issue and not leaving it to Valve to fix) was publicly available, I'm not sure where else I could have looked to find it. I can only assume that private messages/emails are where it was posted before the patch note yesterday?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just trying to give you an accurate picture of how this has looked from my (and many other customer's) perspective. I love KF and would hate to see TWI lose customers over an issue like this. I'm simply offering this advice in the hopes that an issue like this can be better handled in the future.

Upvote 0
As of november 11 DLC still is not working

As of november 11 DLC still is not working

It is now NOVEMBER 11th and the community weapons pack DLC is still NOT WORKING! I have tried every fix I have seen on these forums and still can't access any of the additional content I paid for. I am appalled that this has not been fixed yet, TripWire should be all over this problem trying to solve it, but they don't seem to care. From what I can tell, Steam has identified that I have the DLC, but the game itself thinks otherwise, seeing as how it doesn't show that I have bought the DLC in the Downloadable Content menu in KF, and I can't access any of the content in game.

Upvote 0