• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Community weapons pack doesn't work

I just got a reply from my Steam ticket when I complained about the same issue. They told me to close out Steam, and go to programfiles86/Steam and delete every folder except SteamApps, then launch Steam again. So far, I got my DLC to appear in the DLC list, now I'm going to do a quick verify cache to see if it works.

Edit: still can't get the DLC to work, but at least its in the list. Sorry if this post was useless

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experiencing the same issue. DLC in my Steam receipts and showing up in Killing Floor's Properties > DLC tab, just not available in game.

After launching KF, at the main menu and under Downloadable Content page, the CWP button doesn't have the green checkmark and when I mouse-over the button it prompts me to "Buy Now", but nothing happens when I click the button.

In-game, when I am at the Trader, the CWP weapons have no prices and are marked "DLC", so my character can't purchase them for use.

Launched a ticket with Steam Support where they told me to dump all files in Library>Application Support > Steam (but not Steam Apps folder) and relaunch Steam then verify cache. Did not work.

Uninstalled and re-installed KF, and verified cache. Did not work. :(

Mac 10.6.8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same here. I'm specially fixed by the fact that tripwire is not saying anything about this, I mean, they weren't really that cheap so I wouldn't mind to wait for Xmas update or something... I've been supporting every move and decision so far, least thing they could manage is to send a "We are working on it" message =/

Agreed, it's a little infuriating to not be able to use the product you paid for without any word from TWI. I'd like to be able to use the Tommy Gun on the Hillbilly Zeds before the event ends.

Upvote 0
It's extra frustrating as this is the second year in a row that there has been some sort of problem for Macs at Halloween. Let's see if they fix it quickly or if it turns into a total debacle like last year.

edit1:
Those suggestions from Steam support are the standard tier 1 support generic answers. I'm pretty sure they would be saying the same thing for almost any issue with DLC.
This seems to be a pretty specific problem with Macs and this particular pack. I don't know a single Mac user who has it working.

edit2:
I doubt we will get much notice here though. Not like this forum gets much action from the devs, I think there is about 6 replies in the last year.... I mean ffs the 1 sticky post that is in this forum is for problems we had during the Halloween event 2011, they couldn't even be arsed to un-sticky that after the problem was sorted. :s

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm glad that you didn't needthe DLC guns to get some achievements, because we've lost almost a week so far. So pretty much new weapons came out for the event and we didn't get to use them during that time. But yeah guys just sit around and wait until someone comes across one of these threads by accident.

Upvote 0
As fire as I'm aware it's a problem with Steam rather than the game, so TWI can't do much about it themselves. It'll get sorted, don't worry.

That may be the case and if Tripwire just gave some sort of communication regarding that then we would have that information from an official source. As it is Mac users once again feel that they are being completely ignored.

I get that we are a small part of the community but if you make the game available on a Mac you have to be prepared to give a level of service comparable to any other platform you make your product available for. That is hardly an unreasonable expectation at the time of purchase.

Upvote 0
Just got a second reply from Steam Support. here it is:

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Austin,

Please try the following:

Exit Steam entirely.

Open Finder and navigate to the folder containing your SteamApps folder (/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/)

Rename the "SteamApps" folder to "SteamApps_old".

Re-launch Steam and re-install the game.

Once the installation is complete, test the issue.

Note: If you are using Lion please do the following to enable your Library folder:

1. Open Terminal
2. Type chflags nohidden ~/Library
3. Close Terminal

You should see the Library folder available through the Go menu on the menu bar while holding the option key.

If this resolves the issue, you may copy the new files into the "SteamApps_old" folder and rename it to "SteamApps" to restore your other games without re-downloading.

If the issue is not resolved, you can rename the folder back to avoid having to re-install other games.

Edit: doesn't work for me

Last edited:
Upvote 0