• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Weapon Balance Feedback Survey

I've filled out the survey! :)

I agree that allowing the Sharpshooter access to at least one Rhino would be nice, giving the perk a little more flexibility and trash-clearing capability. Although Sharpshooter is strong, they are a very vulnerable perk when compared to other perks who focus on High-Value targets (especially for people on console who naturally can't aim as well).

I really think that the Mosin Nagant should be looked at. It's a very interesting weapon, and I love love love the idea of being able to parry with a gun, but is in a poor spot right now. (I'd say it's the worst of the DLC weapons.) It's not strong enough to be worth using on big Zeds except as backup, and its ammo/clipsize make it a poor choice for trash. At the same price and weight as the ever-amazing EBR, the utility of the bayonet/parrying isn't nearly good enough to compete with a gun that will keep the Zeds from getting to you to begin with!
That said, raising its damage might start to make it OP. Instead, you might consider lowering its price and/or reducing its weight by one (making it an economic choice versus the EBR, as well as able to be brought alongside the Railgun).

I definitely appreciate how you guys included the Survivalist into the survey, as well as made spaces for us to leave notes! I know you've been avoiding a rework, but I really think the Survivalist needs one. If it's a monetary issue... you could consider renaming the current perk to something like "Mercenary", create a NEW perk named "Survivalist", and release one of the two as DLC.
The problem with the current "Mimic" design of the Survivalist isn't just that it lacks identity in a team; it's always going to be worse than the perk its copying (making it a poor choice), or better than it (making the original perk obsolete). It's almost always superior to pick a "real" perk and offperk some of your loadout than it is to pick Survivalist, even when using Survivalist weapons! A Medic running a Healthrower+Killerwatt is far more effective than a Survivalist in the same scenario.
Rework suggestions are plentiful in the forums and on Reddit, such as one of my own attempts. (Not to self-promote too much. It's just an example.)

And, since an above comment mentioned this particular weapon, I recently had an idea regarding the Incision: Please consider adding the original lock-on feature back in when a player upgrades it to Tier 5. I do not think this would be overpowered, as you need to spend a total of 3000 Dosh to get there (and the additional weight limits your loadout choices). This would give players the choice of whether or not they want the lock-on!

Upvote 0
Rhino's crossperked with sharpshooter as originally planned, with added hidden stats that ners sharp's damage bonuses on shrapnel by half, so it wouldn't be as OP.

Also, why incision and hemoclobber are missing from the survey?

Sharpshooter has already gotten a lot of attention from DLC weapons. They received 2 DLC weapons before many perks even have 1. Do they really need to get crossperk rhino too?

However if they did open that can of worms, I feel like the community would expect all DLC weapons to be crossperked. Mosin could be a zerker weapon because it has a parry and melee attack. Ion thruster could be a firebug weapon cause fire. Glock could be a gunslinger weapon but I would recommend removing the shield aspect of it and making it semi auto only.

I really don’t suspect they would go this route though cause I believe I read in another forum post that they started making HRG weapons because balancing crossperk weapons was difficult.

Upvote 0
Meh... The sharp has access to the single .500 and the Centerfire. The M14 EBR is also quite strong if you know how to score headshots.

I really don't think the perk needs access to the rhino. As Zesa mentioned, he already got a lot of attention as far as DLCs are concerned.

Agree with everything else though! Although I believe the incision is already incredibly effective for a medic weapon.

Reactions: TheWaywardKid
Upvote 0
Survey completed, but I just want to elaborate a bit more about seeker6.

For what it is, it's great - but it's a situational pick IMO.

It's a precision weapon for Demo which feels borderline OP on the right maps [long range situations with this thing feel very satisfying].

If you buff it, it becomes game breaking quickly and it would also start to move into M32 territory if you're not careful.

Right now the 2 guns feel different enough to make them both viable. It's also nice having one weapon load one round at a time, vs reloading all shots at once on the seeker.

I had noted guns felt too weak on Survivalist throughout, but I want to elaborate on that, as well. It's intended to feel a bit weaker on Survivalist - it's the nature of the perk. I think those questions are misleading to ask players on the survey. Just my opinion, but it is a "gimped" perk after all so that seems about right for the weapons to feel "ok" but nothing fantastic. Otherwise, why would you want to play the actual perks the weapons are intended for? :) [that being said, I'd still like to see a small bump in global damage for a level 25 Survivalist - leave the weapons alone and focus on the perk and its bonuses as its level progresses].

Mac10 still feels fine to me too, btw - it's just hard to pick it over the other options currently IMO. I'll still pick it up now and then just because I like the gun, in general.

Upvote 0
I just filled out the survey, but is it too late for my input to have any real impact? I know that the Mac 10 and Seeker Six already have some changes planned for the upcoming summer update, and they were both on this survey. I did have quite a few thoughts about the other weapons on the survey, as well.

Upvote 0