• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Opinion: Berserker Overpowered?

Community Opinion: Berserker Overpowered?

• Yes Badly Overpowered

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Yes Slightly Overpowered

Votes: 65 27.2%
  • Meh Seems Balanced

Votes: 128 53.6%
  • No Slightly Underpowered

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • No Badly Underpowered

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters
Sry to bump the tread everyone hates and quote myself from page 12 or something. But are you all f****ng st****?????
Isnt the obvious answer to revert the damage resistance to whatever it was before last patch???
Sure it wount affect the nerds with 1000 hours of zerker play since they dont get hit anyway, but does that matter?

Personally? I agree, with the exception of the Chainsaw, Zerker was fine... sadly it appears we're in a minority, so compromise must be made ;)

Upvote 0
I'd say a little over-powered, but its not the zerkers fault, but the way that the difficulty levels a structured, zeds get faster and deal more damage which makes the zerkers strengths so much better than the others.

Fixing it is difficult though, probably need to reduce the zed speed on HoE a little as well as upping the amour of all the non zerk perks (could also nerf the the zerks non-melee damage a little)

Upvote 0
Random idea I think of randomly...

Just make fleshpounds regenerate health when they are not being attack for may be 5 seconds. Increase the rate of regenerate once per 5 seconds.

So kiting can still be done, but you get another full health fleshpound if you get crap spawn or some mistakes which force you to leave the fleshpound alone.

Even you start to melee or LAR his head, you need to do it once and for all, or else every effort is going to waste.

Oh, and if you cant kill fps quick enough, you end up having 3 fleshpounds even on wave 7.

Random idea is random:p.

Upvote 0
Random idea I think of randomly...

Just make fleshpounds regenerate health when they are not being attack for may be 5 seconds. Increase the rate of regenerate once per 5 seconds.

So kiting can still be done, but you get another full health fleshpound if you get crap spawn or some mistakes which force you to leave the fleshpound alone.

Even you start to melee or LAR his head, you need to do it once and for all, or else every effort is going to waste.

Oh, and if you cant kill fps quick enough, you end up having 3 fleshpounds even on wave 7.

Random idea is random:p.

not keen on the idea, i think it might make going solo or staying mobile to hard to do, while you want to discourage rambo and encourage team work, you don't want to remove being able to solo as a viable option, you just want it to be a worse option, it's like choosing an m14 over crossbow for HoE, it's a much better option to take the m14 for FP's than the crossbow, but if i have a crossbow and i need to kill an FP's by myself, it's good to know it can be done if done right, and conditions allow, but it is a worse option and it means that i would take the first option anyday, unless that option is unavilable.

Upvote 0
not keen on the idea, i think it might make going solo or staying mobile to hard to do, while you want to discourage rambo and encourage team work, you don't want to remove being able to solo as a viable option, you just want it to be a worse option, it's like choosing an m14 over crossbow for HoE, it's a much better option to take the m14 for FP's than the crossbow, but if i have a crossbow and i need to kill an FP's by myself, it's good to know it can be done if done right, and conditions allow, but it is a worse option and it means that i would take the first option anyday, unless that option is unavilable.

This dont affect team play, and fp become much harder to take down alone. THIS IS DISCOURAGING rambos. At the same time, this wont make solo impossible. Firebug with burn damage is making fp constanly being attacked for quite a few seconds, and he start to regen (one start to) a little health, all you need to do is tap M1 once mroe to light him.

Commando and firebug are THE hardest perk to deal with pounds anyway (unless you have M32). You have to use a lot of time to kill a single pound even for now.

Upvote 0
This dont affect team play, and fp become much harder to take down alone. THIS IS DISCOURAGING rambos. At the same time, this wont make solo impossible. Firebug with burn damage is making fp constanly being attacked for quite a few seconds, and he start to regen (one start to) a little health, all you need to do is tap M1 once mroe to light him.

Commando and firebug are THE hardest perk to deal with pounds anyway (unless you have M32). You have to use a lot of time to kill a single pound even for now.

if it's that little, then why bother adding it? it wouldn't have much of an affect at all... thus defeating it's own purpose :S

Upvote 0
Personally? I agree, with the exception of the Chainsaw, Zerker was fine... sadly it appears we're in a minority, so compromise must be made ;)

The speed buff zerker got latest patch was the perfect compromise. More damage resistance was too much.

"Perfection is not reached when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to remove"

That quote fits the m14 too. Sure it was very powerful, but that was realistic and fun. It just had too much ammo. 70-90 % less ammo would have been way better than whatever they did to it.

Upvote 0