• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Community maps for new patch and free weekend release

Swag,
Could it be possible that there are "arguements" between the new opt-in beta and the current SDK which cause the SDK to crash? I ask this because last night after downloading RC-4 my SDK quit working and crashes at the splash screen every time now, even after deleting my config. file.

Yes, opting in to the beta will in fact break the SDK. We are working on getting a updated SDK out as soon as we can get it vetted. I don't expect it to be a week or anything like that...

Upvote 0
So no custom maps for the free weekend? :rolleyes:

Regards Culti

Nope, that is not the case. The authors of the custom maps can recook their map, get it up to a redirector and server admin, then it will be playable. We will be vetting the SDK tomorrow and updating accordingly.

In the mean time, if LDs opt into the RO2 SDK beta then they will get hold of a working SDK with a couple minor inconveniences which is more than capable cooking and publishing maps.

Upvote 0
Will give it a try with Coldsteel_beta_6 this afternoon.
First a little nap after a nightshift.

I've recooked your map and it appeared to be working as intended. It behaved a little weird in that I had to manually load all your asset packages prior to opening the map but outside of that it cooked fine. More importantly, I was not able to recreate the cover glitching issue as noted before. You may want to consider putting the spawn protection back in.

A note on spawn protection: Do NOT reuse player start volumes between teams, and do NOT reuse spawn protection volumes between player start volumes.

Upvote 0
Again a reminder to all Mappers..
If you wish to get your maps into the freeweeked and onto a server via a redirected download, then get cooking as soon as the SDK becomes available..Remember beta2 or higher please..

There are now many thousands of players enjoying the game.
The timing is perfect for getting your map tested and heading towards a final version..;)

Upvote 0