• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Community maps for new patch and free weekend release

As many of you already know TWI are now in lockdown for the new patch and a free weekend will follow its release within days.
And this could provide mappers with a golden opportunity to test their maps with real players and hopefully lots of them.;)

We at TWB have always been fans of the RO mapping community as I am sure many other server admins are as well and we want to help you guys make the most of this opportunity to gain valuable feedback and push your maps forwards towards a Final version.
Our community needs to grow and new content is a surefire way of helping that process.

We hope that TWI will have time before release to put fixes in place for the Re-direct issues and if they succeed we wish to include as many Beta2 minimum maps as possible into our server rotations for the upcoming free weekend.

We are also hoping that other Server admins will join us and be willing to help kick start our mapping community by offering similar help.

This is the a real chance to help our mapping community with some signifigant feedback from both old and (hopefully lots of) new players.

Please feel free to post questions here or add your support if you are a server owner/admin.
We need to get our s**t together as a community and this seems like an ideal chance to begin.

Here's to a successfull patch launch and a lot of ensueing fun..:D

As many of you already know TWI are now in lockdown for the new patch and a free weekend will follow its release within days.
And this could provide mappers with a golden opportunity to test their maps with real players and hopefully lots of them.;)

We at TWB have always been fans of the RO mapping community as I am sure many other server admins are as well and we want to help you guys make the most of this opportunity to gain valuable feedback and push your maps forwards towards a Final version.
Our community needs to grow and new content is a surefire way of helping that process.

We hope that TWI will have time before release to put fixes in place for the Re-direct issues and if they succeed we wish to include as many Beta2 minimum maps as possible into our server rotations for the upcoming free weekend.

We are also hoping that other Server admins will join us and be willing to help kick start our mapping community by offering similar help.

This is the a real chance to help our mapping community with some signifigant feedback from both old and (hopefully lots of) new players.

Please feel free to post questions here or add your support if you are a server owner/admin.
We need to get our s**t together as a community and this seems like an ideal chance to begin.

I think I speak for everyone here with the following,

I am very eager and curious to test all those new version betamaps, and at least I expect that all the game-side errors (redirect etc) are fixed for everyone!

Remember RO1 and all the good community maps? That is what kept the community alive for a great deal!

TWB is doing a great job by sticking to RO2 and not giving up hope.

Needless to say, my hopes are atm on TWI to have all these issues fixed in the near, next update.

Upvote 0

I have always supported this concept and the users...

Custom Maps, Muts and Mods are the future and always have been.

I'm with ya Butch and all for RO2.

Upvote 0
So it will be over to you the mappers to get your kit together so we admins can get it out there for the great unwashed to test and play..:D

Looking forward to this..;)

Yesterday I witnessed a speed redirect download. It worked. Now when the cover/mantle/no artillery radio's and spawn issues are solved I'm ready to go. And also ready for classic.

Upvote 0
Any news on what maps anyone will have ready for the new patch?

We will have a small window in which to test and get maps ready for the free weekend, so if there are any mappers with a minimum beta 2 map they want included on all TWB server map rotations then please get in touch either via this thread or send me a pm or visit the TWB forums at [url]www.twbclan.com[/URL] :D

Let's get this show on the road fellas..;)

Upvote 0
I did work on Coldsteel with the beta SDK. It works in the Beta. I have no idea if it will work in final beta
update/roll out/opt or whatever it will be named. We will need TWI to confirm this.

While a testsession before the free weekend would be good. As its not really tested with humans.

Very true, but where does that leave the rest of us lowly, unwashed Admins?:)

Upvote 0
Does it work with the current version of the game (not the beta versions)
If it does it would be nice to have it on the server and the redirect before the game is patched.

I don't think they're backwards comparable. And I don't want to cook the map twice with 2 different builds for mismatch purposes. Only week away ;)

Upvote 0