• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Feedback - Balance Survey

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hey Everyone,

Our design team has put together a survey asking for your input about Killing Floor 2 balance from weapons to perks. Please help us by taking a moment of your time and completing the survey!

You can find it here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/redirect/KF2Survey/ (or here if for some reason the redirect takes you to the community page)

Thank you for your time, your efforts here will help us make Killing Floor 2 a better and more balanced game moving ahead!

Vlad magazine fix inbound! Edit: I forgot to put this in the survey, but I honestly think Vlad should cost a little bit less since zerk and support are just full of 750+ dosh weapons... And the HZ12 just does what the Vlad does but better

Also I'm glad Tripwire does these surveys, I think as of late the balance has been a lot better or at least going in the right direction.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I really hope crossbow won't get messed with much, as it's only issue is with inconsistent stun apply onto scrakes....Because Scrake's animation timings have been broken for years. (Especially when you play as zerker and try to parry a scrakes hit, but you get hit way before his chainsaw visually hits you.... And its not lag or high ping related, you can have ping of 22 and still get messed up by that)

Otherwise the weapon upgrade compensates for the low-ish damage and makes the weapon a solid choice at taking down fleshpound with 3 hits to the head with just crouch skill equipped.

Now thinking about it... Instead of a crossbow, there should have been double barrel shotgun.
    Since its nerf the weapon just became borderline worthless no matter what you do with it... Costs too much, damage is mediocre, ammo pool is just bad.
    Tbh it needs a revert of its stats as the nerf imo was questionable to begin with.

Tbh even railgun has a questionable use case, as the muzzle flash is too big and the really strong kick from firing it throws off your aim quite badly.... Tbh even accuracy is arse and using it without additional dmg boosters like stand still, make this weapon a tad too difficult to use.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    The balance changes so far this year, while all decent and very much needed, have been underwhelming compared to how much they have been hyped up. That being said, new surveys are always fun and are a good way to keep us (or just me) happy.

@s5yn3t: I agree the crossbow doesn't seem like it belongs on the list. I don't prefer the weapon over an upgraded lever action, but it has its own niche (ammo efficiency and mobility) that it pulls off well.

Upvote 0
    imnrk;n2333064 said:
    @s5yn3t: I agree the crossbow doesn't seem like it belongs on the list. I don't prefer the weapon over an upgraded lever action, but it has its own niche (ammo efficiency and mobility) that it pulls off well.

Thats the thing, if you run LAR and crossbow both upgraded to at least 2x (that way you can also use medpistol, or upgrade bow to 3x if you have decent medic) you can just shred everything on your way and also have mobility to survive on your own, and the only dmg skill you will need is crouch because of the extra reload speed.
    Especially when in panic and you have fp coming straight at you, you can just kill fp with 3 headshots quickly before he will hit you while you backpedal. (As long as no one stumbles the bugger and you end up taking the deck)

Upvote 0
    The survey felt pretty lackluster if i'm honest to myself.

VLAD has little to no utility on the Berserker and i don't think it can be salvaged. Better to make it purely a Support weapon and have an M1 Garand be the Zerker's T2 ranged weapon

Regarding the Crossbow, the stats mentioned are NOT the problem but rather the fact that the bolts are so difficult to aim that it's pretty much a melee weapon.

Hemogoblin, i still think the best course of action would have been to balance around a Medic/Demo cross-perk

Hollow Point Rounds will always be better than Eat Lead. IMO, i think Eat Lead should at least give +2 penetration.

Reactions: imnrk
    Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2333076 said:
    Regarding the Crossbow, the stats mentioned are NOT the problem but rather the fact that the bolts are so difficult to aim that it's pretty much a melee weapon.

Yet you can hit bolts fired from seal squeel no prob that travel 3x slower than crossbow bolts?
    I'd say you're just out of practice using the crossbow...... while i find hitting harpoons from the seal is much more difficult to aim than crossbow that it's pretty much a melee weapon x)

Upvote 0
    Coffee009;n2333080 said:
    How hard is it to aim a shotgun? :3

Though I will agree that hitting shots is a pain in the *** on single fire because Zed's love to stumble around at the vicious sight of a pneumatic nail gun

It actually kind of is when the projectiles are relatively slow and the spread is so wide that Tight Choke is a requirement for its use.

Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2333083 said:
    It actually kind of is when the projectiles are relatively slow and the spread is so wide that Tight Choke is a requirement for its use.

I don't think the projectiles are really that slow, it might be a visual thing, I feel like at close ranges you shouldnt notice it too much anyways, although I will agree that the 9 mm pistol mode feels weird beyond close range

Upvote 0
    hello then first of all thank you for allowing us to think about the course of the game ... the truth that kiling flower 2 is a survival game, action, and strategy that combines styles of games and roles that each plays with different classes. in particular there are classes that have certain skills that are not recommended to my point of view and we always select a certain skill, the following ones I mention are the ones that I do not see much use for: support: level 25 penetrator. ay that review this skill because in zeds moments it is time to stand out and do something that helps the team or save your own life. This skill does not do much. It would be better to consider a quick recharge ability or infinite ammunition. in the case of Physician: ability 25 zedante this ability is overshadowed by the air agent skill, it suggests a skill that heals yourself 50% your health or shot in real time, or tactical recharge. the level 25 piromano hell; this ability is opaque before piromano, a skill is suggested where the fire surrounds you as it happens with the air agent medical skill, and this I do burn damage, or an explosion that makes the zeds that are close to you push and I proved burn damage. shooter: in this class there are 2 skills that need an adjustment in the case of skill 5 sniper should be assessed this ability and make a readjustment since in later games is left opaque before the other skills, and in the skill 25 command and assassin are very similar one stuns and the other makes 35% more damage will have to assess that there must be a skill that is different in all aspects that allow us to choose more clearly and we want to question which is better, in case of command It is suggested that they put tactical recharge. or shoot 3 times faster and assassin than the shots do 25% of damage and that the shots stun this allows us to save ourselves from a scrake or a flespaud racked with a single shot we could leave him stunned and run or heal us. Well these are some of the classes that I have to consider due to the experience I have been playing. also assess the nail gun, and the crossbow, and rail gun. thank you.

Upvote 0
    for me, Vlad on zerker has no purpose. The Evis benefits from melee skills and even parries.

the Hemogoblin reload speed is too long. wont be able to fire off all those heal darts as fast which is important as medic.

Crossbow i believe needs to be able to remove any Bloat on headshot no matter the level, difficulty or number of players and should have a consistant stun bonus against scrakes and calm fleshpounds. this i think would better balance it against the damage monsters of the Railgun and M99 buy giving it its own role as a crippling weapon low cost bloat eraser for sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
    The main issue with the hemoglobin IMO is the fact that it's way too expensive for a weapon you'll never use as a primary damage source. It's not reliable enough and should really be used as many players thought it would : as a debuff gun rather than a DoT one.

The Vlad should be more competitive compared to the other T2 options (HZ-12/Boomstick). Even a slight price reduction could do the trick. Right now, it serves very little purpose compared to the HZ12.

Upvote 0
    I feel as though the crossbow should be in between the rail gun and M99. It should pack a punch and have expensive ammo, encouraging players to collect their arrows because collecting arrows is pointless as it stands now. I don't think a more consistent stun is needed but instead a longer duration.

Upvote 0
    I don't know if it's too late to say so but I think that if Eat Lead also gave EXTRA ADDITIONAL AMMO (at the very least 25% more although 50% more is what would feel appropiate) on top of higher capacity mags, we would have a real contender and making it harder to choose between the two. Would I want extra ammo and mag size or would I want extra damage with smaller mags and no extra ammo? That would be waaaay better than the current standing.
    Less recoil and more damage vs more mag size and more ammo? Can we get a yes please?

Upvote 0