• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Classic - Time To Vote Again!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

We've been enjoying watching everybody dive into the Infinite Onslaught update and have been keeping our eyes out for your reactions and feedback! We'll be added some new tools to our balancing toolbox to be able to better adjust some parts of Endless moving ahead.

But the question we want to put before you today is this. What is the next Community Classic weapon you want to join the Killing Floor 2 arsenal? Make sure you let us know in the next 14 days, as this poll has a very tight window! http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/redirect/KF2Survey/

And yes, before you ask, we are asking for your next vote, as the last vote has been decided! The M99 AMR is headed your way! We'll be sharing more on this weapon and others joining the arsenal in the weeks ahead so stay tuned, and get ready to gear up for this upcoming flight of fancy.

Yoshiro;n2317955 said:
    And yes, before you ask, we are asking for your next vote, as the last vote has been decided! The M99 AMR is headed your way! We'll be sharing more on this weapon and others joining the arsenal in the weeks ahead so stay tuned, and get ready to gear up for this upcoming flight of fancy.

NOOOOO! that negates the possibility of having a proper, semi-auto barrett... bye bye "potential kf2 m107" you were a beautiful dream while you lasted.

Upvote 0
    s5yn3t;n2317960 said:
    I just hope that if mk23 will make it, it would sound as badass if not better like in the 1st game.
    Because boy, the af2011 should have sounded badass with its double barrel, but its all covered in mud.

i willl sacrifice a husk today on the altars of the KF2 deities so that my prayers shall be answered to get the MK23 back.
    folks will probably say that we dont need another handgun and it will be difficult to balance so it has its own place. but you know what..i want it to have fun and to feel badass.

Reactions: wifemeupfam
    Upvote 0
    The M99 AMR won? Whaaaa?
    I didn't know a single person who didn't vote for the M32, myself included.
    Honestly, I don't know how many times I must vote for the M32 before it wins, but

(there's 5 choices now)

Whoa, more selection. But surely what could compete with

MK23s
    FN FAL
    Thompson SMG

Oh.......oh dear god......real choices......And only 2 weeks to decide?!
    Y U do dis? :(

The Struggle is real

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Actually, I just realized something as I was creating a thread about the latest poll in General Discussion, and quite frankly, its important. Yoshiro, I sincerely hope you see this, because we need an answer, and maybe an edit before too many people vote.

It's about the "Thompson SMG". This is worryingly vague, as none of the KF1 versions actually used this name technically ("Tommy Gun", "Dr. T's Lead Delivery System", "Rising Storm Tommy Gun"), which means we could be voting for the base version from KF1, when plenty of people are voting for, and expecting the Rising Storm version.

Before I place my vote, and hopefully before most others do as well, we're gonna need clarification on which version this one is going to be. As there were 3 versions in the original, there cannot be any doubt on which we're voting for. And I think I speak for everyone when we're all hoping that it's the Rising Storm version.

Even saying whether its the Thompson M1 (base version) or the 1928 version (Rising Storm) should be clear enough.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I voted for M32, because explosions are AWESOME!!! Also if it gets voted in, i hope it has an alt fire of some kind. How about swapping between 2 ammo types as an alt fire? Ammo type one can be normal HE grenades and the second ammo can be something else, like healing grenades, so it can Crossperk with the Medic, obviously these launcher fired healing grenades would be less powerful then the hand thrown ones, otherwise they'd be kind of overpowered.

Upvote 0
    ckincbloodmoney;n2317984 said:
    For goodness sake bring that M32 back, I can't tell you how much fun that weapon was in KF1. Right now I still only use M79 + RPG, and maybe if the M32 was implemented, I could use C4 again (which is fun on its own too) with it.

M32 Tripwire. Do it.

In previous 2 surveys M32 didin't win so... people don't want M32?

Reactions: PhantomDrake960
    Upvote 0
    Dr. Lethal;n2317997 said:
    That's a bad assumption. People obviously voted for the M32, but they wanted the Mac 10, Husk Cannon, and seeker six(?) more.

Well, only Mac 10 was a vote option. Husk Cannon & Seeker Six were complete surprises to come back. Tripwire already had them on the agenda.

But I've never met anyone who seriously wanted the M99 back over the M32. Everyone in every game I played said M32. They all figured we had the Railgun, so what would the M99 do? Seems like the vast majority wanting the M99 back were rather silent.

I've alerted several KF2 compadres to the new vote. Many got excited until I told them about the "Tompson SMG" oversight. Now quite a few of us are sweating bullets. Many of us want the 1928 Tommy to return, but until we get confirmation of which Tommy this will be, its a total crap shoot. I've instructed several individuals to hold off on voting until an answer is given.

Upvote 0
    You all betrayed me, fellow horzine operatives! The M99 AMR... FOR REAL?! I totally didn't wish for the M32 (as I've explained a thousand times), but the M99 is even worse... Unless we're getting a SOLID overhaul, it will pretty much only be a Railgun reskin.

Oh and, totally voting for the Fire Axe. It's been ages since the zerk got any new tool... And it's probably the most "different" out of the set.

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2318010 said:
    You all betrayed me, fellow horzine operatives! The M99 AMR... FOR REAL?! I totally didn't wish for the M32 (as I've explained a thousand times), but the M99 is even worse... Unless we're getting a SOLID overhaul, it will pretty much only be a Railgun reskin.

Oh and, totally voting for the Fire Axe. It's been ages since the zerk got any new tool... And it's probably the most "different" out of the set.

Its no different thsn the crovel tool...I prefer to get a broad sword that's similar to the zweihander be put in the main game so everyone has access to it, not so you have to own Chivarlry just to have a decent weapon.

Upvote 0