• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Commandos: the most useless perk ever?

Incorrect. Even though this was on Hard, it should still be viable on suicidal.

A bullpup unloaded at the scrake's head to rage him, then an auto SCAR-H to the head will kill him, and depending upon how close you are to the scrake your damage taken will be minimum/nonexistent.

And if you can afford a katana then scrakes become a joke.

Only FPs are a threat to real commandos.

Even then, the best option is to unload your SCAR into his head.
This is only when he's attacking your teammates or when enraged, don't think "see FP, unload" because that is bad trigger discipline and will result in a death.
We spam nade and kill it when it is in middle of enraged animation XD

Upvote 0
Incorrect. Even though this was on Hard, it should still be viable on suicidal.

A bullpup unloaded at the scrake's head to rage him, then an auto SCAR-H to the head will kill him, and depending upon how close you are to the scrake your damage taken will be minimum/nonexistent.

And if you can afford a katana then scrakes become a joke.

Only FPs are a threat to real commandos.

Even then, the best option is to unload your SCAR into his head.
This is only when he's attacking your teammates or when enraged, don't think "see FP, unload" because that is bad trigger discipline and will result in a death.

Commandos cant even do a thing facing fps even on hard:( Full clip to the face only drop a 6-man hard fp's health to 75%. How on earth can commandos do? Scrakes is nothing if none of my teammates do silly thing like raging them or try to knife them.

Upvote 0
If all 6 of the team are commandos and each shoots at the fp, that's 150% health gone.
Where is it written that only you deal with all specimens on your own?

Some how it just happens, may be there are also some scrakes or fps come from the other side, so most of the team is focusing on that side, may be the fp already enrage before anyone can shoot it.

Upvote 0
Commando can EASILY kill every enemy in the game except for Pat and FP. Crawlers get killed in one hit with the SCAR, stalkers and clots in two, gorefasts in four or five, but you can just go for the headshot and then body shot. Bloats are never a problem, and scrakes can be taken down easily if you reload at the right time since you can see their health. Seeing health bars is incredibly useful. Use the AK-47 in semi auto, its better than the bullpup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i highly disagree

i highly disagree

appart from having the fastest rate of fire, ability to kill hoards of stalkers before anyone sees them, and largest stock of ammo out of all perks. i use a mix of ak47 + SCAR. and together i have more than 20 ammo clips. i can shoot 60 shots b4 i need to reload and still have pistol incase i have no time to reload. so far, only weakness to comando that i found, is patriach at a long distance, and fleshpound. however both can be managed, yet not as easily as other specimen.

Upvote 0
There some thing people need to understand, no peak is suppose to be able to kill everything by himself, It's a COOP game.
The SS is the only exception.

My class:

SS: Pistol, HandCanon, Crossbow
I hate the M14, sharpshooter aren't suppose to spam...
Same thing for Dual HC.
Use your weapons only to do headshot, pistol, handcanon for averything under scrake, and Crossbow for Big guy.

Commando: bullpup, scar
I hate the Ak, to much recoil.
The bullpup as a lot of ammo, low recoil, good sight, good for headshot or spray on lot of specimen.
The scar for everything, Never use auto-mode except for scarke, fp, patty, try to do headshot, it's so easy.
The commando is my favorite class, it's so good.
The scrake: Wait till they start ragging (50% of the heal bar) and empty your scar clip on full auto in their head, them almost anyone in the team can finish them easily.
FP: Don't enrage them, you will die, if you spray them when they are enrage you can do really good damage to them, and help the team kill it.
Patty, Check is heal and report to the team, follow him when he activate is camouflage.

Medic: MP7 + crossbow
The crossbow is only in extreme condition (when the rest of your team is occupy).
You are not a fighter, you are a medic, do your job and everyone will love you.
A good medic can save the team a lot of time and from a lot of thing (game when everything come at the same time (siren, husk, gorefast) everyone get hit and lose lot of HP, and you keep them alive till the rush is finish, after you heal them completely really fast by switching MP7 and seringne(damn, i don't remember how to write it).

Berserk, I never play berserk, I'm not good.

Demo: Enjoy annoying everyone, this class don't even require skill (or people don't have them).

Firebug: can kill everything except scrake, fp, patty, husk.
This is a good class, but you need to have the good technique to don't waste your ammo.
The firebug don't get money when people kill the flaming Zed (Need to get fixed).

Support: Every weapon combinaison is good in certain situation.
Good class, well balanced, do your job. When scrake rage, dual shotgun them to kill them or take lot of heal from them.

Remember, this is a coop game, you are not suppose to take out everything by yourself.

And for the thread reply:
Commando are really good, they can decapt lot of specimen, they can spray since they have lot of ammo. They are perfectly balanced.

Upvote 0