• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

commander class

vanelle

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Today I played first time as the commander class on the russian team.
Map was called spartanovka.

As the german gained territory I decided too pick the open commander class.
started calling arty.

It made us win the round.
Why is this class not used as many times as it needs too be in order too win.
most of the time when I join a game the class is open.
It is really not a too difficult class to play.

I liked too encourage more people to use it :IS2:

(sorry for the typo's I am dutch)

1. Responsibility. You're the only person with special tide-changing abilities. Improper use might lead to negative comments and lose the match. Note that possible ease of use is usually not as apparent, unless you play the role. This may also apply with reason #2.
2. Lack of experience. There's only one slot that's usually filled, leaving others unable to get familiar or train as commander.
3. Some simply don't want to be commander, even if they're good at it. Sometimes, you just want to kill and cap objectives instead of manning the radio.

And ofcourse, the Someone-else-will-fill-it-soon syndrome. Be it from thinking they'll be better at it, or just not caring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play Commander when available, and I agree. Sometimes I wish I could overtake the commander because like Pikey said, they usually use it for the weapons.

I was playing Spartanovka, and the Germans had pushed the Russians back way down to the small house if front of the first housing block. I joined late, there was no Commander, so I chose it. Called in Arty on the housing blocks right in front of the house, instantly got 12 kills. Kept sending out attack commands constantly, and eventually they took that housing block back and we won.

I felt accomplished. :p

Upvote 0