• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Coldsteel beta 8

Hi,

go to:
DRIVE_NAME\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Cache

There should be an .ini file called "Cache" in there. Open it and search for a line with the older versions of Coldsteel. Simply delete those lines.
Or delete everything in there if you don't mind having to redownload other custom maps you downloaded before.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Its a biggest problem with running custom maps which may prevent some players from playing also it causes that servers running custom maps loose population. A few days ago we tested ColdSteel 8 on one of my servers. Server was full on previous map and all the players well informed about a new version of the map. If it was ColdSteel 6 the server would be full in 10 minutes as this version was in rotation for a couple of weeks and most of players had it.
So players started downloading version 8 nad we saw many of them connecting to the server after download. But a lot of them "left the server" after a very short time. They didnt have time to check the map so Im sure that they just crashed. Many of them kept trying and I menaged to help some of them.Finally we had only about 40 players.
This issue is potentially dangerous for the custom maps as we get new beta versions quite often.Something that TWI should look at the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One question we MUST ask........

How come Custom Map and Mut deployment worked so well with RO1 and now, its a total disaster?

WHAT CHANGED that should be changed back to make Custom Map deployment and use simple and reliable once again?

TWI - Do whatever it takes but get this and these other very serious gameplay and immersion stoppers fixed - PLEASE!

• Random Red Screens
  • RED Screens of Death
  • Seemingly overly complicated Spawn designs in TE & CD
  • Player Spawns inside another player (Spawn Collisions) Server crashes in FF
  • Wimped & Gimped Panzer 4
Please for the good of everyone, stop catering to the nit picker criers and address the real troubles that are hurting RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0