• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Coder needed

Fennich_FJR6

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2006
www.fjr6.co.uk
Hi

I'm a skinner & I've done a series of camo skins for the German soldier models, but I need help to get them in game.

so I thought I'd ask here if there's any coders out there who could spare some time to make a mutator to use my new skins. as I've done quite a few variations & combinations of camo & feldgrau, I'm really interested in a mutator that can put a random selection on each German so that it looks a bit more realistic.

Heres an example of one of the skins I've done, although I've not actually checked it in-game as I have no idea how to write a mutator to get it in! Peadot tunic with autumn oakleaf trousers:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=469&stc=1&d=1147886304

thanks

Attachments

• SS_Dot_AutumnOak.jpg
    SS_Dot_AutumnOak.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
Great looking skin. But i have found one thaing that is not right. You have Heer breast eagle on the uniform, and since this is SS camo you should have SS eagle on left sleeve.

44_dot_tunic6a.jpg

Edit: i just remembered that some guys are doing a Barbarossa mod. They are making new skins and things like that. Heres the link to that topic: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6791 . Maybe you shold team up with them :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Krokar said:
Great looking skin. But i have found one thaing that is not right. You have Heer breast eagle on the uniform, and since this is SS camo you should have SS eagle on left sleeve.

44_dot_tunic6a.jpg

your right!, although the arm eagle would appear on both arms, but until I can view the skin on the model properly I won't be able to position it right.

Does anyone know how I can lower the camera angle in the sdk when looking at soldier animations - I can only view from above & I'd like to be able to view the soldier at about waist or chest hight.

Upvote 0
hmmm... I tried to look into this but I'm not a coder.

It one of the coders could explain how the ROroles select which pawn to use I could do it easily without much coding.
The role actors don't contain any references to the pawn/headgear unless I'm missing something.

figured it out. I'm an idiot.

Anyway, let me take a crack at it and then I'll email you some results. It wont be a mut, but it will be something a mapper can put in a map

Edit:

God this is painful. I have the roles, but telling it to change the texture on the original model isn't good enough, now I have to duplicate the model and retexture it to reference that, but no it refuses to reference the new model.

ARgh

And no dice on the random shirt changes, you need a REAL coder for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have something ingame, it loads, it shows the class, the correct texture is not shown atm, i will post later about the results

Edit: Ok, it works, pictures follow

Edit2:

here we go:

skin1.jpg

skin2.jpg

skin3.jpg

skin4.jpg

If you dont mind and didnt plan to release the skins in some mod, i would suggest to compile your skins into a package and release them to the mapping community on maporchestra.com .

I know some mappers who would love to use them :)

Also, it would be great if you could texture sleeves, as the ingame ones doesnt really fit the uniforms. I think i could add those pretty easy with the code, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
worluk said:
i have something ingame, it loads, it shows the class, the correct texture is not shown atm, i will post later about the results

Edit: Ok, it works, pictures follow

Edit2:

here we go:

If you dont mind and didnt plan to release the skins in some mod, i would suggest to compile your skins into a package and release them to the mapping community on maporchestra.com .

I know some mappers who would love to use them :)

Also, it would be great if you could texture sleeves, as the ingame ones doesnt really fit the uniforms. I think i could add those pretty easy with the code, too.

how did you get the correct texture to load? I changed the skin on the custom pawn. no dice. I even made a duplicate model with a different texture. no dice. I'm feeling its maybe a stupid typo somewhere

Upvote 0