• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] CoD Modern Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
trueu.jpg

Upvote 0
lemon you have 1/2 of the posts in this thread, the original poster asked if any one still played COD4; not for how much they dislike it. Do you never, oh I dunno ... sleep!?

@ OP I played COD 4 for a bit on my relatives copy, games like that dont really have 'staying power' in that they are so generic that everyone stops playing them when the next one comes out.

Upvote 0
Oh no, I actually did play it for a few days.

Long enough to send me on 50-1 sprees with those incredibly overpowered noobguns (M16 + extra dmg + penetration).

Hardcore makes it even easier, lets you oneshot people with almost any gun ( any MG + red dot + dmg = easy win).

When you can 1 shot them, they can 1 shot you. Personally i found the game weaponry not all that bad. (STG 44 & 1911 .45). However the games use of cone fire accuracy means that people can spam a weapon like the deagle .50 and while the model of the weapon is recoiling to high heaven the weapon still fires forward. Combine that with the small and very predictable maps and the game feels like its more of a repitition fest then real combat. If the Cod type game had a random map generator and got some weapon ballistics I would be much more inclined to play for longer . for single player, "meh" is all i can say as I am tired of games that portray you the character as completing tasks that are nigh on impossible, while selling the game on the platform of 'realism'. ( ie running away from a helo gunship in a car)

Upvote 0
Oh no, I actually did play it for a few days.

Long enough to send me on 50-1 sprees with those incredibly overpowered noobguns (M16 + extra dmg + penetration).

Hardcore makes it even easier, lets you oneshot people with almost any gun ( any MG + red dot + dmg = easy win).

i imagine if you play cod with an RO-conditioned cautious approach using cover properly, it would be fairly easy to achieve a decent kill/death ratio.

however my problem is i tend to get caught up in the infectious 'run around like a nutter' mood, and i expect my scores suffer as a result.

Upvote 0
sadly not dog, cod is a twich game, he who has the best reflexes wins. Ive had people come up behind me when I used to play twitch games, they fired from the hip expecting me to not be able to react quick enough, by their 3rd bullet in full auto I had done a 180 and was hosing them with my high ROF M4 carbine. I think that person accused me of cheating :D. ( guaranteed back then i had my mouse sensitivity so high that no one else in my family could use my computer)

Upvote 0
yeah - i used to pretty decent at cod UO bolt only servers - pure twitchyness but i find this a bit hectic nowadays, and i've lost my sharpness somewhat.
you can even the odds in MW by playing smart to some extent thou.

i had a game or 2 tonight as it goes - i can't be bothered to set perks cos i think they're a joke but i probably should - and all that UAV scanner air support stuff is utter rubbish.
the constant voice over reports really do my nut in.

and i wish the weapons stayed native to your nationality - thou this isn't as absurd as in WaW.
am i moaning enough?

if there's perk/UAV/xhair-free servers out there i wanna find them - cos the bare bones of MP is pretty decent really, for what it is.

Upvote 0
yeah, the newer CoDs really are just mostly run and gun and the winners are those with the most ADD/ADHD

i always send a message when i find a good sniper though. im sure you've all seen them, those that scope in for half a second and your dead, and can dropshot you from across the map. generally, snipers piss me off royally, but if you have enough skill to pull tricks like that, ill send a friendly "hey ur pro" message your way ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.