• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Co-Op Hell on Earth on Holdout Maps

Sarcy

Dec 9, 2018
Hello all who stop by, I am curious to know what people use in terms of team setup and strategy in arguably the most challenging base maps Killing Floor 2 has to offer with particular interest regarding Power Core.

I consider myself quite competent having got every perk to max [at time of writing this] but you know how it is, sometimes just when things seem to be going well BAM game over.

Naturally I feel certain perks are more up to the task than others but it would be interesting to see how other players handle such situations.

Sarcy

Dec 9, 2018
For those wondering, in Solo I tend to go with Firebug for crowd control - it is surprisingly effective in some areas where you can simply camp in a corner the whole wave/game. As for the boss I swap to Berserker because why not right?

Co-Op you can somewhat do the same but the difference in healing is so significant that camping is much trickier.
Recall spending several hours straight attempting Power Core Co-Op once, pretty amusing how much different the game is when you add even 1 extra person. I'd tip my hat to any 6-person team that a/ can beat these on Hell on Earth and b/ do so consistently/every time.

I'm sure there are some KF pros/veterans around here who consider these maps "not that hard", certainly like to hear how they deal with them.

Ic0n0clast

Aug 7, 2018
TEXAAAASSSSS
Firebug + Medic - almost a given. I would say 2 Beserker - Gladiators, Commando, Survivalist or Gunslinger. Quick Zed time reload and commando for extending. Survivalist could use Lockdown perk for CC on zeds.

Sarcy

Dec 9, 2018
Only 1 Medic? Guess it's finding the balance between keeping people alive and dishing out as much damage as possible.

I appreciate your input, certainly like to be able to run HoE Co-Op on a more regular basis but more often than not it is more an RNG thing than it is to do with skill.

Ic0n0clast

Aug 7, 2018
TEXAAAASSSSS
Sarcy;n2332997 said:
Only 1 Medic? Guess it's finding the balance between keeping people alive and dishing out as much damage as possible.

I appreciate your input, certainly like to be able to run HoE Co-Op on a more regular basis but more often than not it is more an RNG thing than it is to do with skill.
I feel like one medic should be enough... maybe not. You could add another one for safety. It really depends on skill level of everyone.