• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Client Side] Projectiles

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
I play with a ping of 150 to 200 because I live in the middle east. There are no servers there, it would be nice to make the projectiles client-sided because I can't shoot anything with an RPG-7 right now. I have to aim at the ground to hit something which is ridiculous.
In the video below, you can see that I shoot but the projectile is late. Because my ping is 150 and this is really unfair for far players.
(No, the closest server to me has around 100 ping).

Welcome to a US-based gaming company's version of co-op. I'm in the US midwest and routinely experience the same ping. It sucks but I'm not convinced it has anything to do with your location. When joining pub, I check ping prior to choosing Demo. A friend of mine is in the Boston area and consistently ragequits over his (I kid you not) 900+ ms ping.

I don't mean to make excuses for the servers. With a fast-paced game like KF2 a ping of 100+ might mean life or death for you or your teammate so I sympathize with your frustration. Do you have this ping rate with other games?

Upvote 0
Servers have nothing to do with the game itself. If you have such bad ping in mid US, either means nobody has hosted a server nearby (you can host one yourself for 5-10$ / month) or that your connection is poor. I have 20 ms on multiple servers in EU.

Agree about projectile client-sided although this is likely a massive code change which is realistically not going to happen for a 4-year old game. Also from my experience all weapons are server-sided not just projectiles but I rarely have >100ms so I can't tell for sure how it works.

Upvote 0
Agree about projectile client-sided although this is likely a massive code change which is realistically not going to happen for a 4-year old game. Also from my experience all weapons are server-sided not just projectiles but I rarely have >100ms so I can't tell for sure how it works.
That's not true; bullets are not server-sided but client-sided. This behavior means that if you get a headshot, The game will count it as one, but it would be shown a little bit late to see zeds decapitated.

Upvote 0