• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Classic Husk Gun

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
I don't know how hard this would be to add, but it would be cool for like a DLC or a challange or something we can get a husk cannon skin that changes the model to the KF1 style. If it's considered a skin, I don't think it would conflict with other skins and it would be cool to see a 'throwback'
also iirc I think you guys had a first person husk gun already made.

The KF2 model irks me because I have no idea whats going on when it reloads and it looks unwieldy to hold. Every other gun makes sense even the sci fi stuff, but not the husk gun. Is it like recharging a plasma battery?

Spoiler!

Coffee009;n2329738 said:

It still looks outdated and, based on the engine at the time, took little to no effort on remodeling the gun just so it'd have a trigger handle. In this game it was completely redesigned and as far as I can tell, it has some sort of internal source that requires a quick recharge after a certain number of shots. If anything, the first one looks a bit unwieldy to hold since it looks like you're just holding a cannon without doing much else with it. At least this new one has a set place for engaging the cannon.

I also fail to see what's wrong with not seeing how it reloads internally.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2329741 said:
It still looks outdated and, based on the engine at the time, took little to no effort on remodeling the gun just so it'd have a trigger handle. In this game it was completely redesigned and as far as I can tell, it has some sort of internal source that requires a quick recharge after a certain number of shots. If anything, the first one looks a bit unwieldy to hold since it looks like you're just holding a cannon without doing much else with it. At least this new one has a set place for engaging the cannon.

I also fail to see what's wrong with not seeing how it reloads internally.

I know I just thought it would be cool to see the old husk gun in the new engine, like if they were to update the classic model.

Yeah it makes sense that the gun would have an internal battery and probably need to reboot after firing a certain amount of shots, I just thought it's weird cuz this game has super detailed reloads and with the husk gun you just kind of fling it around and it's good to go

Upvote 0
Coffee009;n2329806 said:
I know I just thought it would be cool to see the old husk gun in the new engine, like if they were to update the classic model.

Yeah it makes sense that the gun would have an internal battery and probably need to reboot after firing a certain amount of shots, I just thought it's weird cuz this game has super detailed reloads and with the husk gun you just kind of fling it around and it's good to go

The fact the reticle revolves around the gun when reloading means something is being pushed into the chamber. Shouldn't matter what it is since the gun is fictional.

Upvote 0