• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Class priority and "Success"

That's not what I meant either. It's just that the scoring system might not be limited to just 3 "types" of points. From what I recall, a sniper would for example be rewarded for taking out designated targets (ie. teamplay points).

There were also mentions of just general gratification in the form of points for following orders.

So no, I don't see why they would make capturing points less valuable either, but it just doesn't mean it's as simple as it was in RO:Ost.

Upvote 0
I dont know how its going to work, but it might be good to base the "success" of a player on their score in a qualifying training map as well as, an overall rank.

ie, there is a 5 min training course for each asset class that teaches how to use that class. A training course for sniper, SL, MG, AT etc. which rates from 1-5 (5 being the best) you on your competence in acting as that class should. An explanation of how that class should behave, followed by a test similar to the CoD coop exercises that they had in MW2(dont flame me too hard).

This test would have to be semi-randomized to avoid a person just playing it a couple times through to get top priority. Even if it isn't randomized, the explanation at least would make new players aware of how the class should behave. Obviously this doesn't replace in game experience, but it helps to avoid too many people just taking the class for the "good" gun without knowing how it is supposed to work.

This would mean that if 2 players are contesting for the spot as SL, and both were of similar rank (within 5-8 ranks) then the player who has proved more knowledgeable/competent in the training would get priority.

Upvote 0
I dont know how its going to work, but it might be good to base the "success" of a player on their score in a qualifying training map as well as, an overall rank.

ie, there is a 5 min training course for each asset class that teaches how to use that class. A training course for sniper, SL, MG, AT etc. which rates from 1-5 (5 being the best) you on your competence in acting as that class should. An explanation of how that class should behave, followed by a test similar to the CoD coop exercises that they had in MW2(dont flame me too hard).

This test would have to be semi-randomized to avoid a person just playing it a couple times through to get top priority. Even if it isn't randomized, the explanation at least would make new players aware of how the class should behave. Obviously this doesn't replace in game experience, but it helps to avoid too many people just taking the class for the "good" gun without knowing how it is supposed to work.

This would mean that if 2 players are contesting for the spot as SL, and both were of similar rank (within 5-8 ranks) then the player who has proved more knowledgeable/competent in the training would get priority.

I like that, sounds a lot better than it being based on your current (or overall) match performance.

Upvote 0
OMGed does it have to spell it out?

Of course it's going to give XP based on your teamscore instead of your KD ratio or some such hullaballoo.

Even hamfests like COD grant score based on team victories, and this has been part of the CODclone reportoire since there was such a thing as a CODclone.

I don't like the levelups at all, but it's not hard to keep my insane level of pessimism under control. It's gonna function, and it's gonna be some sideline device to distribute pretty guns and powerups and give you a big shiny icon next to your name. Further details are pointless.

Upvote 0
They confirmed in the 2-hour interview that MG's covering the capping point (and killing enemies running towards it, for example) would also get teampoints/capping points.

So K/D ratio will not rank you up as fast as the one kill where you killed the enemy squad leader capping.

Also the training grounds are a bad idea, we want to attract some more gamers, not send them back to CoD. This will just hurt all the noobfriendly measures taken for ROHOS.
I don't want to spend 2 hours on the training grounds to find the class I am good at and frustrate because It just didn't work out that good.
I just want to join a game and play; playing a few games to get enough rank/honour to play mg is not a burden at all.

Upvote 0
They confirmed in the 2-hour interview that MG's covering the capping point (and killing enemies running towards it, for example) would also get teampoints/capping points.

So K/D ratio will not rank you up as fast as the one kill where you killed the enemy squad leader capping.

Is it just for Mgs or for anyone? Regardless it helps my role as an mger!

Upvote 0
Is it just for Mgs or for anyone? Regardless it helps my role as an mger!

They also said something similar about a sniper picking of important enemies. But it was just an example. With all classes, when you help cap (in any way) you get more points. At least that's what they try to implement.

How are training grounds bad? Isn't it a perfect place for new players to get familiar with all the features in ROHOS?

Should be a good preperation for both SP and MP.

Or perhaps you meant the training ground in conjunction with class restriction?
I agree training grounds are handy for newbies, but it was the second point. It shouldn't be obligatory for class picking

Upvote 0