• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Clans invading Public Servers - Nusiance / Annoyance?

Clans invading Public Servers - Nusiance / Annoyance?

• Yes, Kick / Ban them from server now!

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No, I enjoy their company! </3

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters

EgreSS

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
I hate it when clans invade public server. Last night I got kicked from my own server as I joined spec. As I proceed to WebAdmin to lay down the law, they left. I was itching to bad to ban them. :mad:

I mean if you gonna have a clan that plays KF, why not have your own server? Or go dedicated? Don't go taking over a public server, assume you're the boss of the server, and kick anyone that joins. You might be kicking the wrong person ( Admin ). :D

Also, they promote poor game play by just sharing money amongst themselves and not helping others. Poor team mates. :(

Anyway, I have encountered 2 clans that have done this.

"EsC" clan; names go "EsC______"

and

"Bandit" clan; names go "______ Bandit"

So server owners and normal players, how do you feel about clan take overs?

Well, those "Clans" are most of the time some WM3 clans or so whose Nick is everywhere the Same via the Steam Nick. They have no interesset in owning a Server for games like KF and to set up an own server is unconvinient if you can overtake a server with a ping around 60.

Then you kick all those who join and you have your own party.
I encountered that a lot and if they cant kick you because of other players that joined in time they suck at teamplay.

Thoug there are realy KF Groups who actualy are nice to play with but my expirience mainly saw those "bullies"

Upvote 0
I hate it when clans invade public server. Last night I got kicked from my own server as I joined spec. As I proceed to WebAdmin to lay down the law, they left. I was itching to bad to ban them. :mad:

I mean if you gonna have a clan that plays KF, why not have your own server? Or go dedicated? Don't go taking over a public server, assume you're the boss of the server, and kick anyone that joins. You might be kicking the wrong person ( Admin ). :D

Also, they promote poor game play by just sharing money amongst themselves and not helping others. Poor team mates. :(

Anyway, I have encountered 2 clans that have done this.

"EsC" clan; names go "EsC______"

and

"Bandit" clan; names go "______ Bandit"

So server owners and normal players, how do you feel about clan take overs?

I've had it happen to me before, and and yes, I will admit, back when I had made the RG clan, I had done this before, commandeering a server. Never vote kicked though, just always went with the extra people that weren't in my group. That's why I love the current group of people I play with, they have public and private servers, and we can usually get good games 8D.

Upvote 0
GENERALLY SPEAKING

Clan members abuse other players, only share money among themselves, and in all other possible ways show to themselves and other players that they are ONE, they are BEST and other players are like turds invading their kill zone.

Having said that...

I think clan members are wonderful people. When they are the type that use their pro gaming skills to help new players, share the money and welcome them.

Upvote 0
I don't mind them as long as they behave and don't start kicking random pubbers just so they can fit more of their own teammates into the server. Once they start abusing kick vote to out people who also wanted to play just for their friends, I put my foot down.

I co admin a server and never have seen this happen yet, but I'd graciously kick them if they started doing that since I cannot tolerate people abusing kick vote for friends only, I usually watch via web admin most of the time when I'm not playing so.

Upvote 0
Boils down to the clan and sometimes a few select few in the Clan. For example I wouldn't stand for it on our servers. Even if a big group of us wanted to play on one of our server (currently hosting ~6), we wouldn't kick people off just so we could play. That's just... wrong.

But to say all clans are like that is a rather misinformed statement.

Upvote 0
your missing the option "Ban/kick them if they abuse votekick, but otherwise, keep". Ive played a few servers where I get vote kicks on me for no reason. They just say to get out. Even this one server, there 5 guys using th glitch in EvilSantaLair map, and 3 of them were dead, with the other 2 nearly dead. I said I could join as a medic, just right after their 4th guy died. Their response were all caps. and basically said get out. I said, fine Im off, later. But I stayed a bit more to see their final guy die. I laughed so hard and taunted them a bit before leaving.

But besides that, usually most clans I play with dont seem to be a problem. Some dont help with money or heals, but thats ok. Ive learn to take what you can get, and only heal them inbetween rounds. One time,these two clannies wouldnt heal anyone but themselves. I would heal them, but they wouldnt heal me, even if they had the syringe fully filled. So, I didnt heal them til the end of the round. On the 5th and 8th round, the one guy was hit by a husk, and after using his health thing, a siren came by and busted his ears. He spammed medic a few times, but I just ran to him with the syringe out, and healed myself as he died. I took his weapon and pawned it for extra dosh though. He suprisingly didnt say anything throughout the whole match

Upvote 0
Boils down to the clan and sometimes a few select few in the Clan. For example I wouldn't stand for it on our servers. Even if a big group of us wanted to play on one of our server (currently hosting ~6), we wouldn't kick people off just so we could play. That's just... wrong.

But to say all clans are like that is a rather misinformed statement.
People you better listen to this as this is 100% pure truth. I am the same on my community and servers. I will never kick someone for a slot for anyone. I will never let me members off for breaking the rules (which they know and haven't tested me on) cause i've had many problems with people in the past.

Simple solution for admins:
Remove the kick vote. This saves so much time and makes the admins in control.

Upvote 0
Simple solution for admins:
Remove the kick vote. This saves so much time and makes the admins in control.

Although I get what your saying, and agree for the most part, there as been a few times where Im on a server where the admin is not online at the time, and a wild derp level 0 or level 1 player joins a HoE game. And the only way to get rid of that player, is to ask them to leave, and then use vote kick if they choose to not leave

Upvote 0
I see this is a debatable issue from the polls. :eek:

I'm fine with clans as long as they don't try to kick anyone just for slots or if they don't act rude and stuff to others.

I'm not attacking ALL the clans, since I'm in one myself (we have our own server :rolleyes:) . I just dislike those who invade servers, and start acting like they own the server.

Upvote 0