• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Clans invading Public Servers - Nusiance / Annoyance?

Clans invading Public Servers - Nusiance / Annoyance?

• Yes, Kick / Ban them from server now!

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No, I enjoy their company! </3

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
Clan or not, when a group of players hijack a public server and abuse the kickvote to turn it into their own private server, it is rude and improper use of a public server.

Kicking a player is also often seen as something rude because the reason for kicking is often not explained to the person being kicked ( which could be a myriad of reasons) and it results in the rushing butthurt off to the forums to complain about being kicked for no reason or to make room for another player. Maybe one of their players crashed and in the time between them leaving and rejoining, you filled the spot. Or maybe the team decided your perk level was too low. Or in the rudest situation, this is a group of players who are using the public server fr a private game. In every situation you deal with it the same way, find another game.

It's a tough decision for an admin to leave the kickvote option in or not, as it leaves room for abuse. But it's up to the admin to watch the server and kick hijackers if they do leave it in. They don't always have clan tags either.

Upvote 0
Personally I prefer to not have voting kicking enabled on the server, and the anti-blocker mutator on for trader time.

Even though I run a collection of public servers plus a private server for the community I'm in, sometimes a number of us will play else where. It's just rude to come into someone else's server and kick random people though. But on the flip side if you have the option to kick, then it's always going to get abused.

Upvote 0
Personally I prefer to not have voting kicking enabled on the server, and the anti-blocker mutator on for trader time.

Even though I run a collection of public servers plus a private server for the community I'm in, sometimes a number of us will play else where. It's just rude to come into someone else's server and kick random people though. But on the flip side if you have the option to kick, then it's always going to get abused.

There's two sides to every option though, not having votekicking enabled can lead to abuse too, when there is no admins watching.

When i've had it on, i use a high % needed to be able to votekick, its still not perfect though :(

Upvote 0
I'm not in a clan, but a group of others and I will always play together. Honestly, we have done this many times to make room for a late comer. If it is the end of round 3 and someone wants to jump in, the random is going to get kicked. I look at it this way:

Option A) We ask him to leave / kick the guy. Our buddy gets to join the game and the odd man out finds a new game 30 seconds later.

Option B) All 5 of us leave for a new server, the odd man out is left alone in the server and probably ends up leaving the server.

Option A is just easier for everyone. However, if it is wave 5 and the random we have is at least average skill, we won't votekick, usualy.

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
We used to host three servers, but now we are only playing very occasionally. So we stopped. Now we choose an empty server and join with anywhere between two and five players, but we don't kick players to get space for late joiners. We might ask them nicely, but that is another matter entirely. People who are way outskilled or disruptive will get the votekick, much in the same manner as when we kicked them on our own servers. Money gets shared although someone who keeps losing all gear will be treated more stingy, and everyone needs to look for themselves in the start.

The main problem I see with clans playing along pubbers is that comms are a bit more tricky. We use teamspeak among ourselves for the better voice quality, so not all communication gets relayed. However, that is not much different than a normal pub game, where one is lucky to get notified of a fleshpound by any other means that death messages.

I am sad that some clans are abusive on foreign servers, ban is the only thing to do there.

Upvote 0
Why I joined the clan I did

Why I joined the clan I did

I was votekicked by some clan when i was playing and went to the forums and TS3 to ask why to the server admin. I didnt know about votekicking at the time so I ended up joining FeC in the process. Now I have admin on the servers so problem solved.

Another thing the clan did was Disable vote kicking from Beginer, Normal, Hard Servers.

However, we try not kick unless for trolling, or making room for members in early game play.

Upvote 0
Well, those "Clans" are most of the time some WM3 clans or so whose Nick is everywhere the Same via the Steam Nick. They have no interesset in owning a Server for games like KF and to set up an own server is unconvinient if you can overtake a server with a ping around 60.

Then you kick all those who join and you have your own party.
I encountered that a lot and if they cant kick you because of other players that joined in time they suck at teamplay.

Thoug there are realy KF Groups who actualy are nice to play with but my expirience mainly saw those "bullies"
Unfortunatly, there's quite a few groups out there that have their own servers, but are either full over half the time, or the members are too stupid to create/donate to create more servers due to either resource cost, unwilling to pitch in, or simple laziness.

Plus, most of the clan's are either for a particular mod or s
Yeah whatev you're the admin, ban them

Also, I have had the very funny surprise of getting some ragemail from some people I banned from my own server on sight, even if my server was called THIS IS PRIVATE GTFO
I've got over 30 saved E-Mails from people sending me Rage Mail. Here's one of em. (The ***s and [] were used to hide sensitive informations)
~~~~
*** Len**? You must mean ***, the famed Killing Floor Clan of Tippy Touching (Elite) ****heads. Their Site is this I believe. [Censored] They do not know how to administrate their servers, and are quite childish in these matters; this [Censored] is well known throughout Tripwire Interactive Community AND VaLvE's Steam Powered forums.

Have not seen any on any server I watch over, and *** is famed for using their admin commands. If someone gave you this email, then they are using it against my permission as I have nothing associated with them. Sorry for any confusion.

[Censored]

If it helps any, I advise staying as far away from those servers as possible.

Have a good day.

To: Aj **** ****
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: your a joke of an admin

It seems that someone named ** Len** is the one responsible for banning me, so that message is directed for him. If you are not him I would recommend banning him permanently from all your public servers.

--- On Wed, 9/21/11, Aj *** **** wrote:

Subject: Re: your a joke of an admin
To: "john smith" ****
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2011, 9:53 PM

An Administrator for what game and which server? If it

Upvote 0
I've come to the conclusion that either the KFL server never gets this problem or i don't go in pubs enough.

That or this is a United Statesian problem.

Random games seem fairly friendly or at worst indifferent here. Then again i don't go on servers with klan members.
I've actually noticed that too..and sorta ashamed it's more in the US side of the planet than others, you'd usually expect a certain continent to be behind it.

But it's the actions of a few that cause widespread ruin for all.

Upvote 0