• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cigarettes for a Deeper Voice

floyd had the perfect solution.(not church)
join the military!
i suggest the marines. you'll get out of the house, get paid fdor it and be elible for college tuition to boot. they'll make you a man. send you to exotic locations and you will get chicks. whoever heard about a marine that couldn't pull chicks? no one. even the ugliest marine, has enough self-confidence, to get laid like i rug. plus, if you still feel the need to smoke, they're dirt cheap in the military. ;)

Upvote 0
join the military!
i suggest the marines.

This is actually true. You don't even have to try, because you will be a magnet to chicks("Quality" may vary), they[The Marines] WILL get you into shape, so that solves the gym issue, they[The Marines] will instill self confidence into you, and you will be sounding off so much your voice will break from all the yelling. And as what already been stated, if for some reason you are still not satisfied with your new self the PX sells **** for cheap including cigarettes. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Yeah, but you guys also have to remember: Why join the Marines and get yelled at by a drill sergent all day when I can stay at home and get the same thing from my dad? :rolleyes:;)

But putting my serious face back on, once I get my driver's license (yeah, I didn't see the need for driving until pretty recently ...) and move out (hopefully before too long), I'll probably be a lot better. Plus, once I do those two things, I can go and get testosterone or thyroplasty surgery (much safer, overall.) And then I will look back at laugh at the idea of smoking. Until then, I'm stuck with a crappy voice and being single living with my parents in this crappy house ...

Team America: World Police (6/10) Movie CLIP - I'm So Ronery (2004) HD - YouTube

Sorry, had to link that. XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
join the military!
i suggest the marines. you'll get out of the house, get paid fdor it and be elible for college tuition to boot. they'll make you a man. send you to exotic locations and you will get chicks. whoever heard about a marine that couldn't pull chicks? no one. even the ugliest marine, has enough self-confidence, to get laid like i rug. plus, if you still feel the need to smoke, they're dirt cheap in the military. ;)
This. Join the military Mister Virgo. It sounds like it's the one stop shop for the solutions to all of your imagined problems.

Upvote 0
By the way, if what you are doing contains some amount of public speaking, I wouldn't do jack **** untill I had some experience doing public speaking.
You might be surprised by how little people actually care about your voice. Or like Oldih said, there is voice training to be had as well. Combine those two and you won't have to kill people for oil, and everybody wins :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
If you have low self-confidence, I'd suggest you stop focusing on things that you don't like about yourself. In your case, its your voice. Don't let it bother you, if everyone on this planet focused on every little thing they didn't like about themselves everyone would be unhappy. Everyone has imperfections, even confident people do, but unlike people with low confidence they focus on things they love about themselves. So ask yourself this...

What do I like about myself?

Is there anything that I'm good at?

What separates me from everyone else?

Take all the positive things about yourself and flaunt them. If there is something you don't like about yourself that you can actually change, do everything you can to change it. Laugh at your imperfections instead of hiding behind them and people won't notice them.

Upvote 0
voice getting deeper yet?

Didn't go the smoking route, sadly. You guys were right, it would have taken too long, if it even did happen. :(

Sometimes, it lowers down really nice and I get this great bass sound ... and other times, it sounds like a teen voice. I think I possess the world's first schizophrenic voice. :p

Anyway, yeah, I'll just take the surgery / testosterone injection voice. Screw it. It will take longer to achieve, most regrettably, but at least I won't cough up bits of my lungs in the end.

Upvote 0
Didn't go the smoking route, sadly. You guys were right, it would have taken too long, if it even did happen. :(

Sometimes, it lowers down really nice and I get this great bass sound ... and other times, it sounds like a teen voice. I think I possess the world's first schizophrenic voice. :p

Anyway, yeah, I'll just take the surgery / testosterone injection voice. Screw it. It will take longer to achieve, most regrettably, but at least I won't cough up bits of my lungs in the end.
have you looked into voice lessons?

Upvote 0
If the joining the military is too harsh, go to college. Community college is a great place to learn the social skill training you missed out in home schooling.

I've also seen when people set their goal to get a girlfriend, it tends to backfire. Make your goal to succeed in something else in life. Be it getting a job, doing well in school, or moving out. In the process, you'll get chances to meet people, and see where things go. I met my wife in college volunteering for a community service organization. Great place to meet nice people while making a difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOLOLOL at this thread.
I have to disagree.

It takes guts to ask for advice regarding a topic one can find sensitive and I am happy to see that there has been plenty of positive responses and a good amount of decent and yet varying advice.

Virgo, you seem like a really nice guy. All the best to you whatever you decide. (just don't smoke if not for lost health and stamina, or bad breath but for the money)

Upvote 0
Okay, so, let me cut to the chase.

I'm 18 and I hate my voice. Actually, no ... I absolutely despise my voice. I don't care what my friends say, it sucks (not deep enough) and is the reason that I can't get a girl. (As pathetic as it is, I am almost 19 and have never even been on a date.) So, I will have to resort to drastic measures: Smoking.

Yes, yes, I know all about the health hazards ... I should know ... my grandfather spent the last days of his life coughing up bits of his lungs. I know they are addicting. I know all of the risks and health problems associated with it. I also know they are damn expensive. But smoking can have some wonderful effects on the voice. If you don't believe me, listen to Leonard Cohen before and after a lifetime of drinking and smoking (I can't legally purchase beer here in the USA at 18, but I can cigarettes ...). I also know a couple of smokers who have that nice, deep, gravely voice that only everybody's favorite toxic smokestack of cancer can give.

So, my question is, what kind of cigarettes would give me a deeper voice faster? Regulars? Unfiltered (are there even unfiltered cigarettes)? Cigars?

Also, don't tell me how bad they are and this and that. I know about surgeries and injections, but, sadly, this is the easiest and most achievable route for me.

Thanks!

I hope you are trolling.... Do you honestly think your voice has anything to do with you getting women or not and even more that smoking will get your a more "sexier" voice?

Let me give you a hint since Im almost twice your age. Real women could give two ****s about your voice, they want a guy with confidence charm and personality, or if you want a fake bimbo Paris Hilton just have a fat wallet and a bag of coke. The choice is yours, but voice and smoking? You have got to be trolling.

Upvote 0