• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Christmas Presents

Tactical bacon - what a great idea... the internet was invented for stuff like that.

Let us know what it's like - assuming you ever actually open it and don't just keep it for its WTF value.

It's not as good or nutritious as Bacon-smoked peanuts.

I'm getting my father 7 beers from the 7 Trappist monasteries and associated glassware. \o/

Civ 5 for sis.

Then to california because it will be warmer, and awesomer. :IS2:

(and posts deleted...you don't like it, shut it, no offense Fed)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Obviously good food, Christmas events, and time spent with family and friends is what I look forward to the most.

Doesn't mean I don't love presents though. Hopefully I'll be getting some things for my Warhammer Army from friends. A few Board games, books and beer from my family. Aside from that I got myself a few games in the Steam Sale which I haven't installed and I'll wait until Christmas day to give myself something to play. :)

Upvote 0
You still have far more family than I do

Awww, Fed. :( You'll be okay, bro.

Christmas isn't really something we celebrated in The Netherlands until like 20 - 30 years ago. Sinterklaas is the big December festive here, but Christmas is more of a trend of the last 3 decades or so I guess.

Actually, most of my family doesn't even celebrate Sinterklaas anymore either. We used to though, when my nieces and I were little. Was fun, we always celebrated it at my grandparents'. But after we stopped believing in Sinterklaas my parents decided to no longer celebrate it. As for Christmas, we never really celebrated it either, not with presents at least - we do sometimes have a family Christmas dinner at a restaurant or whatever and we get a tree. To me Christmas is more of a family event rather than a materialistic or religious event. I dunno.... maybe I'm old-fashioned.

I'm actually really surprised at some people getting all these expensive gifts (phone? HD? WTF?).

This thread... I has a sad.

Reactions: SiC-Disaster
Upvote 0
I'm actually really surprised at some people getting all these expensive gifts (phone? HD? WTF?).

This thread... I has a sad.
:rolleyes: What's 'WTF?' about that? Since you are obviously referring to me. I'm getting a 149€ smartphone to replace my 5 year old Nokia. If that makes me a materialist dumbo then keep that to yourself instead of using hidden provocations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:rolleyes: What's 'WTF?' about that? Since you are obviously referring to me. I'm getting a 149€ smartphone to replace my 5 year old Nokia. If that makes me a materialist dumbo then keep that to yourself instead of using hidden provocations.

Well... to me it's just strange to receive such expensive gifts. That's just not the way my parents raised me. When we still celebrated Sinterklaas, most gifts we (the children in our family) received weren't more expensive than €20 (more like 20 guilders actually, we didn't use Euros back then). I was happy with the toys and chocolate letters that I got. Maybe receiving expensive stuff for free once a year is normal for you, but for me it isn't. Even though I'm an only child my parents never spoiled me and I'm thankful for that, because I don't need a whole lot of stuff to be happy.

And I never provoked anyone, that's just what you make of it. No need to be hostile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sweatshirts then! :p

ffffuuuu.jpg

Upvote 0
Anything but socks. Hopefully. :x

Socks are awesome presents! I don't know how I manage it but I'm always running out/missing socks, so by the time Christmas comes around I need a few pairs to top me up. Got captain caveman ones last year :p

Our family actually prefer just giving a bunch of small gifts between each other. If theres something specific & expensive that I want, I'd prefer to get it myself as it avoids either getting the wrong item or having to basically buy it for them so they get the right one which ruins the whole gifting thing.

I still remember when I was a kid and my parents got me a different lego aquanauts set from the one I wanted :( But it may have been deliberate as the one they got me had a huge claw thing on it which was awesome and they were pretty savvy for getting the right stuff as another year they got me another awesome lego set which I had been drooling over but was too shy to ask for, that was the best unexpected present ever.

Upvote 0
What???

You should always appreciate socks.

No kidding.

I'm at a stage in life - and work - where there are few luxuries more beloved than a brand new 12-pack of nice thick cushiony socks. It's wonderful.

Of course, I'm also at the stage of my life and career where I don't need to wait for Christmas to have them. :p

Upvote 0