• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Christmas Presents

Nothing.

We have arranged throughout the family not to gift anything except time to spend with each other.

Actually taking your time to celebrate and enjoy Christmas together has more value for a family than everybody running around like a headless chicken to try and get some good and fitting presents. This is especially important if the family is spread out quite a bit.

Upvote 0
Hmm. Probably going to get some money, Navy related stuff, and a random assortment of things. I like getting surprised like the good old days of being five years old. It may or may not always be what I want (my aunt got me Hour Of Victory a couple of years ago), but Christmas is always a wonderful holiday. Last year I got money, some t-shirts, the John Adams HBO mini-series, a great book of WWII propaganda posters, a GPS device, a nice watch for special occasions, and bought myself a bunch of games on Steam.

Upvote 0
What happened to not knowing what you were getting and being surprised and thankful for the individual and unique things gifted to you?

I'm with Lemon. We do our best to get the extended families together in one place for the Thanksgiving holiday (US holiday) at the end of November. So for Christmas everyone spends time at home with their immediate family.

So I guess my gift would be getting to see the 'kids' again and spending some quality time with them.

Upvote 0
Girlfriend says she knows exactly what she's getting me, yet I have no idea.

Probably going to be getting the Complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection from my parents, along with some other smaller things (probably photography related).

Not sure what will be coming from my brothers.

And of course I'll get to see the extended family, which is always a good time :D

Upvote 0
Oh I forgot I'll probably also get some indie titles if they're up on steam christmas sale

Actually taking your time to celebrate and enjoy Christmas together has more value for a family than everybody running around like a headless chicken to try and get some good and fitting presents. This is especially important if the family is spread out quite a bit.

That completely depends on the individual family. I'm still living with my 24year old brother and my father, I see my mother about thrice a week and my annoying 28 year old sister every 2nd sunday. So I really couldn't care less about spending "quality time with your family", which just sounds as clich

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh I forgot I'll probably also get some indie titles if they're up on steam christmas sale

That completely depends on the individual family. I'm still living with my 24year old brother and my father, I see my mother about thrice a week and my annoying 28 year old sister every 2nd sunday. So I really couldn't care less about spending "quality time with your family", which just sounds as clich

Upvote 0
That deserves a like for being sad. :(

Actually, is not that bad, I don't envy people with noisy houses... not much.

Spoiler!

I wonder if anyone here is actually celebrating it for the christian thing? I'm christian myself but I couldn't care less really and I'll probably even leave church once they begin charging me the church fee.

I'm an atheist, but celebrate it cause social programming helps me not feel guilty about asking for things in this time of the year... I'll probably stop celebrating once(if ever) I stop being unemployed... cause I'll be burning Dosh right and left.

Reactions: Nimsky and DraKon2k
Upvote 0