• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Choice of spawning weapon for lvl6?

I always thought that a headshot is meant to be a critical hit. Like, do more damage. I didn't think it was on a seperate healthbar.
Well I run under the assumption that the wiki is correct, which is to my knowledge a safe one to make. A headshot does have a damage multiplier, but that damage is inflicted to both the head and the body; The difference being that the head has significantly less health. The tables of total health and head health on the linked page demonstrate what I was referring to.

Upvote 0
Of course, I'd rather be packing this than a bullpup if I were to face a heavy ZED. It's a great unperked weapon. I love to spawn as commando and switch to demo or medic with the AK as a backup weapon. The AK merely sits as the balance between the 'pup and SCAR; its stats are pretty much bang in the middle of these two weapons. I always take the Pup-SCAR combo when playing seriously. For funsies, I take the AK with a shotgun powered by commando bonuses, or I use the AK for other perks.

The thing that prevents me from buying the AK as non-commando is that for just as much I can grab a katana, which I prefer as a secondary weapon due to it's reliability if you get surprise-mobbed. Instead of risking your life on 30 bullets you can simply chop your way out if your primary weapon needs reloading. Add to that automatic Scrake-busting and AK seems a lot less valuable...

Upvote 0
The thing that prevents me from buying the AK as non-commando is that for just as much I can grab a katana, which I prefer as a secondary weapon due to it's reliability if you get surprise-mobbed. Instead of risking your life on 30 bullets you can simply chop your way out if your primary weapon needs reloading. Add to that automatic Scrake-busting and AK seems a lot less valuable...

AK + Katana combo, plox.

If you have a Commando/Zerker friend in your team, it makes it much better.

Upvote 0
SCAR+AK+Katana plz
Win combination.

Upvote 0
So I was looking at the Hunting Shotgun technique thread in the tactics subforum, and how some people wish they'd stayed lvl5 simply because the Hunting Shotgun is not the best wave 1 weapon.

This got me thinking: Why not give lvl 6 players 2 small added buttons on the perk select screen (perhaps in place of the progress bar, or alternately next to the perk name) to select your starting weapon? Just two weapon silhouettes, one lighted to show which was selected?

Of course, this would only be useful with SS, Commando, and Sharpshooter. But I figured I'd just throw out the suggestion and see what people thought.

YES.

and: Chuck norris approved this.
chuck-norris-approved.jpg

Upvote 0