• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character should drop the most expensive weapon after death.

To add some insight, this is how dropped weapons currently work.
  1. If you are holding onto a weapon that can be dropped, you will drop it upon death.
  2. If you switch to a weapon or gear that cannot be dropped, you will drop your highest priority weapon. The highest priority weapon is at the top of their section. There is a specific number assigned to it that ordains their priority, so if two weapons have the same priority, it's whichever was bought first.
It's not based on dosh value. It's based off a GroupPriority parameter set on each weapon.

Reactions: Ic0n0clast
Upvote 0
+1, this should be a thing. However, also consider the following situation: say you're on the boss wave, and you're about to die. You know this, so you reach for the gun you want to leave. You won't be choosing your most powerful weapon if you've spent all of its ammo. You might want to leave the second weapon in your inventory for your teammates to use if they run out of ammo, in which case a system that exclusively drops the most expensive gun would be of no use. Furthermore, what if you upgrade guns? Say I have upgraded my starting pistols, but am also carrying a top-tier gun in my inventory. Will it drop the pistols because they cost the most? And what about the possibility of having two guns that cost the same in your inventory, does it randomly choose what you drop if you're not using either one of them at the time you die? I'd sooner suggest that dying should only drop the gun that you're holding right now. That allows for high-IQ plays by saving a good gun when you know you're about to die, and keep the game tense and fair.

Upvote 0
bers;n2333784 said:

As I understand it, this is in part because it's an intended part of the challenge in KF. In both KFs part of the challenge is managing the squad's economy. It's left up to the player to chose which gun to drop and if they feel they are close to death, to make sure to get that weapon out. For various reasons you may chose another weapon over the most expensive one.

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2333908 said:
As I understand it, this is in part because it's an intended part of the challenge in KF. In both KFs part of the challenge is managing the squad's economy. It's left up to the player to chose which gun to drop and if they feel they are close to death, to make sure to get that weapon out. For various reasons you may chose another weapon over the most expensive one.

You're probably right, why add an option like this at all if it's not even going to be useful in top level play.

Upvote 0