• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Character import(?).

2_k

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 24, 2007
Want to ask( especialy devs from CC, MN and DH teams) about Character importing tutorials or some info about it, . How import thirdperson model into game?
I want try import this model:
fj18md3.jpg

fj17vx3.jpg

fj16ih7.jpg

important: head, arms, and textured equipment taken from the game.

:eek: AH dude!! im 100% sure that over at DH we can get this in NP, because we needed to make some ourselves. even though i think a few things need to be tweaked for it to be 100% accurate.

i suggest you post that also in our 3D forums at DH http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/

ps, if you are interested we also plan on adding new german models with accurate late war equipment and uniforms, and with camo smocks and coverd helmets etc, and american winter models with winter uniforms and greatcoats... but we have so many other models to create right now, it would be awesome if you could help us with that. and we certainly have the know-how to implement models ingame

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Want to ask( especialy devs from CC, MN and DH teams) about Character importing tutorials or some info about it, . How import thirdperson model into game?
I want try import this model:

important: head, arms, and textured equipment taken from the game.

get your hands on a skeleton that is setup like ROs. Rig the model to it.
Get ActorX for max and export the rigged model to a .PSK file.

Open ROed, go to the animation browser, import mesh, browse to your PSK.
Import it, as package give something like CCCharacter_anm (for the CC characters), the other fields should be rather clear.

In the Mesh tab on the right you will find a skins field, assign the stock textures as you need it (though, for convenience, your model should be set up to have the same sequence number for the textures as the stock models, here the _skinXX names come into play)

Save the whole thing. Open the stock character pack. Copy the mesh properties. Switch back to your character. Paste the copied mesh properties.
With rough words thats what you have to do to get the mesh in. If done right it will be able to use all anims the stock characters uses. (Though you need to copy the anim sets)

What follows is basically the same that has to be done to get new skins ingame. Either a new .upl file which is not really the best variant unless your stuff comes with a bigger mod as the upl files can not be downloaded from servers, or create push-skin files. There is a pretty decent UT tutorial how to do those out there.

From there, you either place your newly created roles with your models in a map, or create a mutator that replace certain models with yours.

Of course all of the above is pretty rough, but you should get the basic idea. If there are questions feel free to PM me.

Upvote 0
ps, if you are interested we also plan on adding new german models with accurate late war equipment and uniforms, and with camo smocks and coverd helmets etc, and american winter models with winter uniforms and greatcoats... but we have so many other models to create right now, it would be awesome if you could help us with that. and we certainly have the know-how to implement models ingame
yes, I read about your plans on new german characters in the future updates. Well, i can try to help you with some models, pm me about it. And also i think would be nice if some of your team make some public tutorial about importing models.)
worluk, thx very mutch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0