• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Character] Duke Nukem - Clientside!

SuccubaNono

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
VERY IMPORTANT:
I realized this after making it. I'll fix the readme soon. When it says to replace "CHR_MrFoster_Head01" with "CHR_DukeNuke_Head01", do this instead:

Replace "CHR_MrFoster_01_MESH.CHR_MrFoster_Head01" with "CHR_DukeNuke_01_MESH.CHR_DukeNuke_Head01"

header_info.png

PIECE O' CAKE

It just works! More magic, this time with something I think people will like. This mod replaces Mr. Foster with the one and only king himself, changing everything aside from the voicepack. This is completely clientside, meaning every bit of it works online. Yes, the custom first-person arms and skin variants work online too. No need to worry about your perks being broken. I've taken the liberty of replacing all item preview pictures and adding in optional junk to the readme for replacing his name and such. Enjoy.

(Oh, and no Dosh skin. I'm lazy and don't have it.)

Credit to Lt. Rocky for rigging the actual model, and for emotional support. :^)

To Install:

Read the readme. It's called readme for a reason. ;)

Screenshots:

header_mirrors.png

BROKEN - Custom characters are obsolete due to an upcoming hex editing patch. Files are still available in case a mutator or future fix is made.

Last edited:
I seriously hope Tripwire somehow allows this to be an actual character and hire his VA. I think he still does voice-work.

I won't be using it because it won't feel like Duke if he's got Foster's voice, but it looks great. I did notice that the bowler looks a bit too high in your last screenshot though.

Oh, and does the model have lip-synch? I'd imagine that'd be weird seeing his lips move to Foster's words. I actually wonder how the lip-synching in this game even works.

Upvote 0
That's awesome! I've been messing around with the model files too, trying to get a custom model to work. Could you share some tips? I'm having trouble understanding how to change the .mat file. I'm using 3DSMax so I'm not sure if the .mat that it exports is the same .mat from the folder.

Also did you have to download UDK and use it? Maybe there's an easier way that I'm missing.

Upvote 0
I seriously hope Tripwire somehow allows this to be an actual character and hire his VA. I think he still does voice-work.

I won't be using it because it won't feel like Duke if he's got Foster's voice, but it looks great. I did notice that the bowler looks a bit too high in your last screenshot though.

Oh, and does the model have lip-synch? I'd imagine that'd be weird seeing his lips move to Foster's words. I actually wonder how the lip-synching in this game even works.

He doesn't have facial movement, I don't think any of the models' lips actually move with the words. I'll look into the sound replacement, I'm not that great with WWise.

Picky, picky. :D

Upvote 0
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! So if I download this mod people online will see my character as DUKE!?!?

Or is it only me either way already downloaded and about to install just curious.

Please for the love of god learn some basic things if you're going to be so into video games, don't be that guy.

Client side. You're the client (guess what it means). Take an interest, you know?

Upvote 0
Please for the love of god learn some basic things if you're going to be so into video games, don't be that guy.

Oh man I'm sorry Your so upset that when the OP writes.......

meaning every bit of it works online.

It confused me.

Will you ever forgive me because you opinion is the only thing that matters in my life.

On topic: I really love this mod. I also had a great laugh because if you put the game into third person mode Duke seems to have A huge back side.

Upvote 0