• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character Customisation (YES/NO) - The Definitive Thread

Character Customisation (YES/NO) - The Definitive Thread

• Total voters
This isn't so much of a customization, but seeing as its cosmetic I thought I'd offer a suggestion.

What about emblems for units being portayed in their respective battles? In Grain Elevator for instance, the Germans can have the emblem of the 94th infantry, and the Russians can have the emblem of the 35th Guards or the marine units who fought there.

Upvote 0
This isn't so much of a customization, but seeing as its cosmetic I thought I'd offer a suggestion.

What about emblems for units being portayed in their respective battles? In Grain Elevator for instance, the Germans can have the emblem of the 94th infantry, and the Russians can have the emblem of the 35th Guards or the marine units who fought there.

I agree with the idea,provided,not change the historical accuracy.

Upvote 0

If TWI would remove -never-ever-unlocks- like the MP-40-II, MkB w bajo and a scope..... I'd say go for it.

But since they don't even want to fix the current ahistorical things
(Russian cavalry shoulder straps and pretty much everything on the German uniform...)
I highly doubt we'll ever see that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This thread has been necroed so much, it begs for the sweet release of death.

OT: I don't think I would even notice the differences on the people I kill if they were bound by history, much less learn to associate those features with a given player. Plus, having a cape and aviator goggles might make me feel cool, but how often to I get to appreciate my own character model?

Upvote 0
Yes, I agree that there should be variety, but only in Historically accurate limits, that means appropriate clothes for appropriate periods.

In fact, if it's just cosmetic, I don't see why Tripwire wouldn't do the same thing as with Killing Floor. DLC for various things, for people who want them (that wouldn't give a disadvantage to the players who didn't buy them). Works for me. And helps the company.

Upvote 0
This thread has been necroed so much, it begs for the sweet release of death.

Yes, it begs for an end AFTER WE GOT WHAT WE WANT!
more then 75% of the voting community voted for this, they should not be ignored.
...and the fact that this thread is still alive shows there is a constant interest on this topic. :cool:

There is character customization. I have the preorder badge to prove it /thread

You did not prove anything. The preorder badge is permanent, you cant chose to wear it or not. So its not a customization. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I probably said something already, but this topic is soooooo old :p

I say No.

You don't really see yourself unless you are spectating your own death.

As a player, I care very little about what other players look like as long as it fits the time frame and I can distinguish friend from foe. I don't care and I'm sure most of your friends don't care what you look like after maybe the first couple of seconds of looking at you, if at all.

It adds absolutely nothing to gameplay.

It would waste developers time when there has been a severe lack of additional gameplay changing content such as vehicles, weapons, maps. Did I say vehicles? For the life of me, why would players be more interested in what they look like (and can't see) over additional content?

:D

Upvote 0
You did not prove anything. The preorder badge is permanent, you cant chose to wear it or not. So its not a customization. :rolleyes:

Just because you don't like it after the fact doesn't mean its not a customization. You customized when you preordered and you customized when you made the decision to try and unlock hero. Those choices weren't exactly hidden from you. Stat increases are customizations too since nobody is forcing you to play the game and unlock them yet instead you chose to.

You want the ability to manipulate the choices the game has given you already to your own personal specifications. What you are asking for is actually personalization not customization. The way customization is handled now is just fine.

Upvote 0
Yes to customisation

Yes to customisation

I voted YES because of my experience in other games were it is possible.
So for example the IL2-Sturmovik Series in which you can design your plane likeyou want...:)

So the server anyway could choose to allow download of imported graphics or there are a bunch of customisation possibilities delivered by the game itself just like Giuliano posted!

Upvote 0