[Character] Beta Louis - Clientside!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SuccubaNono

Jul 13, 2012
header_info.png

GRABBIN' PEELZ

Replaces Donovan.

Donovan / Coleman needs some love too, and who better to replace him than Louis? Rather than working in some cubicle at Horzine, Beta Louis looks more fit to the zed apocalypse than his nerdy final-version. This release is a tad bit different, considering it actually replaces the original portrait textures and he has eye rigging. Louis blinks, yeah. As always, this is clientside, meaning you can connect to servers with it and not break your perks. With the portrait textures being replaced, you have one less file to worry about. This should work fine online, I've tested it and had no problems. Credit to Splinks for the original rigging and anything else that might've been done beforehand.

His first-person arms are reskinned Foster arms, since they didn't look that great. If you want the original arms for accuracy purposes, post and I'll drop a link in the topic.

To Install:

Read the readme. It's called readme for a reason. ;)

Screenshots:

header_mirrors.png

BROKEN - Custom characters are obsolete due to an upcoming hex editing patch. Files are still available in case a mutator or future fix is made.

Let me know if there are any problems, there probably will be. This should at least hold everyone off until a mutator is made.

(I know his hat isn't any different, sorry about that. ;))

Last edited:

s1nk0

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2015
Awesome work as always. Keep em coming, man! :D

EDIT:
You should do all the beta survivors. Replace Reverand Alberts with Bill, Constable Rob Briar with Francis and Lillith as Zoey. I would love you forever.

Last edited:

SuccubaNono

Jul 13, 2012
Awesome work as always. Keep em coming, man! :D

EDIT:
You should do all the beta survivors. Replace Reverand Alberts with Bill, Constable Rob Briar with Francis and Lillith as Zoey. I would love you forever.
One at a time. ;)

Dickles

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2015
Radical work my favorite release so far i was always a fan of beta louis and he fits kf2 perfectly. awesome work on the alt coat textures btw

moonmonk

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2015
havin a bit of an issue with installing this http://imgur.com/2p5GvLC

im pretty sure i hex edited it correctly and the body coat works perfectly fine so i really dont know the problem. :confused:

I actually had the same issue but was too lazy to post.

I think the Louis face would look better/less terrifying on the Louis shaped head :p

Rattler

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Sorry for asking a question that's not related to this particular character but does it take a lot of time to port (and/or modify) models from other games to KF2?

Rattler

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Yeah that would be great. I am not exactly new to all this. I get how the things are being done. I am mostly a mapper (and I do reskins occasionally) but I wouldn't mind trying to port some chars. I am lazy ****er tho', thats why I asked my question. I was thinking to look for a guide for the UDK porting but if its tedious I dunno if I am up for it because it will take me 1 year for single character since I'll prolly be tired after ~10 min and I will take a break a couple of days lol

Knowsley

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2015
It'd be ridiculously long, but I've been thinking about it.

Would very much appreciate you going to the trouble as i'm a 3d modeller with source engine experience instead, UE is somewhat new to me, may be wasted effort though due to yoshiros recent thread.