• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Changing spawn frequency

Delaney

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2009
I'm designing a mod for killing floor and was wanting to modify the way zombies are spawned in a level. Instead of spawning so many seconds after a clear-out, I wanted to spawn them on-call whenever the number of existing zombies dipped below a certain number (say, once ten or twenty have been killed).
Is there any way to modify the timing and enemy count conditions while keeping the zombie-type spawn the same in relation to how many trading posts have been accessed? I haven't programmed in unreal, but if someone could point me to the correct variables and how they can be manipulated, I should be able to do fine.

Thanks for your time!

well for the most part zombie spawns do only spawn as many as the max set of zombies is set to, so if you got 32 spawned for example then the volumes won't spawn anymore.

I'm pretty sure in the zombie volume script there is a disable and enable if you can find that im sure you can make a easy trigger system that switches the thing on and off.

btw I'm pretty new to editing the game myself but since this section is dead ill try my best >.>

Upvote 0