• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Changing(shorting) a Mutators name, merging Mutators

0815Hunter

Oct 7, 2013
Hey there,
since Tripwire implemented another dlc, the amount
of serverpackages I had on the server were too much
for the server to work, so I searched the Internet
and found these posts here: "the problem is:not allowing more then 256 charcters in serverpackages. So make all names small in the serverpackages and not 27 letters long
just like my personal skin is just called "

-->http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11090
(not the same game, but simmilar engine)

(Is it very difficult to change the names from Mutators?) solved

Another way would be to try to merge serveral weapon mutators into one to reduce the amount of serverpackages, is that more complicated?

EDIT:
Ok I figured out how to change the name, thank god for Notepad ++ mass replacement,
I'm gonna try It out.

Last edited:
Well, If it's not too hard to merge these mutators,
then I would appreciate your help PissJar.
I'm not in common with coding,
so if it costs too much time to tell me how to do this,
then np when you don't want to.(Guess that's what FluX meant)

Actually it's more i've seen what PissJar can do and personally, this is something he actually didn't do himself but got a "hand" with.

To do it, get a program like TextPad, Notepad++ or similar program. Open all files up in the program at the same time and go to Edit > Replace. Make sure you do the setting for all open documents and then Save All. Should work :)

Upvote 0
Actually it's more i've seen what PissJar can do and personally, this is something he actually didn't do himself but got a "hand" with.

To do it, get a program like TextPad, Notepad++ or similar program. Open all files up in the program at the same time and go to Edit > Replace. Make sure you do the setting for all open documents and then Save All. Should work :)

This is actually the way I did It, but better, If chosen "replace in files" w Notepad ++ so I didn't have to open all files, I just gave the directory.
However, I'm not sure if this is a solution to put more serverpackages
onto the server, it rather could be that the the engine only allowes 256 lines all in all and doesn't care about the leight of the mutator name. I have to test it first, and it costs much time to decompile rename compile and sometimes it won't compile with the cause of missing files which only has got the author of the gun.

Upvote 0
The engine has a specific amount of files it can read (limited) which will stop people allowing the connection to pull through. Something that also stops the server (crashes on startup) is that you have too many weapons or characters added to ServerPerks. Merging files together is the best option to cut down all of this.

So I just paste all those classes I got(.uc's) into one mutator folder and rename the mutator reference in every uc file to: (Mutatorname.weaponname). Do I have to pay attention with some linkings to sounds/textures/Emitters?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The engine has a specific amount of files it can read (limited) which will stop people allowing the connection to pull through. Something that also stops the server (crashes on startup) is that you have too many weapons or characters added to ServerPerks. Merging files together is the best option to cut down all of this.

I would like to add to this, the main reason you get stuck is cause the PlayerController is failing to spawn for some odd reason

Upvote 0
So I just paste all those classes I got(.uc's) into one mutator folder and rename the mutator reference in every uc file to: (Mutatorname.weaponname). Do I have to pay attention with some linkings to sounds/textures/Emitters?

Start off with the code only but if it still persists, do some of the animation files. I say animation because textures lead to all files. If you want, you can do the lot which I did for someone in the past but make sure you check all animations still have their OWN animnotifies. This can lead to downloading your file and the previous file if done wrong.

Upvote 0