• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Changing amount of sound channels wont stick

u-s-e-r

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
When I change the amount of sound channels in sound options from 32 to 128, the option wont stick, i.e. when I leave the settings and go back it is reset to 32.

Also I dont see an option to enable hardware acceleration etc.

I have a X-Fi card which is top-range and supports everything this game can possibly have.

A mate and I can both confirm the max channel problem - defaulting to 32 channels. This also causes cutting sounds, for example; 64 players on apartments - when a plane is flying overhead, the sound of it cuts in and out over the gunshots etc. This is obvious as the plane is a consistent sound.

This must be because of rendering a limit of 32 channels, therefore 64 players are bound to exceed this?

EDIT; I'm just running Realtek inboard HD audio and I think my mate is too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A mate and I can both confirm the max channel problem - defaulting to 32 channels. This also causes cutting sounds, for example; 64 players on apartments - when a plane is flying overhead, the sound of it cuts in and out over the gunshots etc. This is obvious as the plane is a consistent sound.

This must be because of rendering a limit of 32 channels, therefore 64 players are bound to exceed this?

EDIT; I'm just running Realtek inboard HD audio and I think my mate is too.
I think you need a dedicated sound card for allowing more sounds to process at the same time. So this problem is really a problem with us who have X-Fi cards and cant set it to 128

Upvote 0