• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Changes for the AT rifles.

It seems impossible at the moment to track a tank. I don't even think it's a viable tactic anymore to track it. You can shoot at it all you want with your AT rifle but nothing will happen, you're beter off going for the ammo and piercing the hull with your overpowered rifle :p

I suggest that AT rifles be made more for disabling tanks rather than destroying it. They should only be able to hit major engine components and track it, destroying it just seems so odd with the AT rifles even at closer ranges. The rifles suck at range attacks yet if they were able to disable a tanks track from a decent range that would help a lot on larger map that we are bound to see when transports come.

Even just damaging tracks will do, so the tank won't be able to move as fast (like when your engine is hit) or the tank won't move forward correctly it'll edge to the left or right a bit do to the tracks being a bit wobbly. I think doing so will make AT rifles a bit more in their place. Because right now you either get a close range flank on them or you're better off just dropping the useless thing.

Just a couple suggestions from me.

Question: When in a rare occurance you actually track a tank, do you see the tracks come off or break? If not that should be a visual indicator for AT riflemen.

Spoiler!

I've been tracked, but not as often as brakes getting taken out. The tracks are represented by the thin rectangle next to the track. When you get tracked on one side, all you can do is go in circles.

I think one of the problems with the tank damage is now in Realism mode, the default damage model doesn't allow the turret ring to be destroyed. Makes it a bit harder to get a good disablement in.

Upvote 0
The whole damage models seems weird to me, I mean majority of the time when I hit a PZIV in it's ammo rack it goes sky high but the rest of the modules seems so at random. I've never had my tracks or brakes taken out, I've only had my tracks damaged. I had my turret ring out once while playing Arad a long time ago, and the rest of the modules seem to never get hit. We should do some testing on this.

But I still think the AT rifles need a revamp, they shouldn't blow up a tank, it seemed so crazy seeing a turret fly off a tank after 3 shots from my PZB on Ogledow. I think they should be used for disabling the tanks tracks, maybe the engine and the optics as Nikita said.

We are probably going to get panzerfaust and zooks any day now, which will make the rifles pretty useless, so lets make them good at disabling tanks so they can actually be worth something ^_^

Upvote 0
I don't like the idea of killing crewmembers with the AT rifle from the front.* From the front I think you should only be able to deal damage to secondary targets like brakes or optics.

I want to encourage players to flank the tanks, or lay in ambush, waiting for the tank to come by and reveal its weaker armour.

*Especially if the game makes your new crewmember crawl into the same spot you were just killed in!!

Upvote 0