• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Chainsaw Massacre - Scrakes only

Zerethon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 5, 2009
Ohio
Well, this was a request from a forum member, Since i'm submitting it for whitelisting i might as well make a general thread for it so you can tell me if i broke anything or you have issues with it

Download:

-LINK DEAD- Once i locate the original files again i will re-upload this for kicks & grins, since it's being linked to by KF-wiki

Install Instructions:

Download and install to your KF/System directory (Should be a .ucl, .u, and .int file) then, if you intend to host a server with it, make sure you have ServerPackages=MutChainsaw added in Killingfloor.ini

Last edited:

mamoo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2009
East Sussex, England
For an experienced coder like yourself this must've taken about a minute. As for the actual gameplay, without perks I died in less time than this took you to create.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYoBatty

Zerethon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 5, 2009
Ohio
For an experienced coder like yourself this must've taken about a minute. As for the actual gameplay, without perks I died in less time than this took you to create.
1. Uncompile mod
2. Edit and rename Poundamonium to use KFChar.ZombieScrake instead
3. Compile new mutator
4. Make .int while compiling
5. Zip together and post

Literally only about 1 minute from start to finish because i have both KFChar and KFMod both decompiled into .uc's already

Freshens up gameplay a bit, at least

Bio666

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
Could you make a detail step-by-step how-to for this?

I was looking into coding, but I have no tutorial >.<

Zerethon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 5, 2009
Ohio
Could you make a detail step-by-step how-to for this?

I was looking into coding, but I have no tutorial >.<
Yes, I'm putting the hydra project on hold since i cant test anything yet (No model/mesh/etc.)

In the meantime, i'm working on a tut for Mob mutators, Custom specimens, and making specimens use custom weapons

-Z

nath2009uk

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2009
England, UK
If you have the time, could you combine this WITH the fleshpound mutator?
So you would have Scrakes and Fleshies at the same time.

Zerethon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 5, 2009
Ohio
If you have the time, could you combine this WITH the fleshpound mutator?
So you would have Scrakes and Fleshies at the same time.
Theoretically, i could have this replace all low-tier ZED's (With a bunch of Replace class joy) with scrakes, and all high-tier with FPs (Also, with lots of Replace class)

The problem being it's a lot of code for little effect, but it can be done

Zerethon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 5, 2009
Ohio
Its been requested, but I don't think they've updated the mutator list since.
This, they're busy with other things i assume, so i'm working on fixing the issue with fireball collision detection while playing hellfire so direct hits actually properly explode

This & the patty one were done more or less out of boredom and on request

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
Wouldn't they just flop around on the floor for a while before butchering themselves with their own chainsaws? Or do they fly?
Ha I am the creator of the RPC and under my power I command that scarkes must fly! Muahahahhahah!

Reactions: J.D.*

assfuzz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2011
i bumped this just to ask what held this up for being whitelisted? was it the possible perk levelling aspect? if so could the scrakes be buffed in some manner like in the hellfire mutator? i would really like to see this mutator be whitelisted.

Lucidius134

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 8, 2011
i bumped this just to ask what held this up for being whitelisted? was it the possible perk levelling aspect? if so could the scrakes be buffed in some manner like in the hellfire mutator? i would really like to see this mutator be whitelisted.
Probably because lower difficulty zerker stun-locking.