• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Chain of command

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have little idea about chain of command. If war is going on, and if your commander died, than another leader must take his place.

Example:
- 5 minutes to end
- your commander died
- our reinforcements are done
- enemy is exhausted too
- we are holding last objectives

Than allow for example squad leader, to be promoted to commander, to use radio, to call the artillery. If my leader is dead and if I am highest rank available, than I must take his place. If there is no squad leader alive, other classes could be able to do it by same way. By promoting random soldier. Binoculars should be near radio and should be pickable after 0 reinforcements and dead commander.

Many times it was quite outrage, we had artillery and there is no other way how to call it if your commander is dead due to 0 reinforcements. I think that my idea is not too hard.

It will be nice to see this feature in game.

Last edited:
I think that this could be very interesting. But would it only work if the commander was dead and couldnt respawn? what if he disconnects? and what if he dies and can respawn?
If you could find a way to put this in game, i would be very happy.

1. If disconection, someone is able to change role: so it is fixed right now.
2. I am not game editor, my suggestion is for them. They have tools and time to do it. But we can not force them to do it, they know what is worth to do. Sometimes someone has good point and they agree and sometimes it is nonsense to do some crazy ideas, but sometimes price is too high to implement good idea. It is all about them, they have resources, they know price and what they achieve in return.

Upvote 0