• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CGW Mod Summit on 1UP - plus the 1UP Show!

CGW Mod Summit on 1UP - plus the 1UP Show!

With thanks to Shawn Elliott of Computer Gaming World, we have a couple more links for you. The first is to CGW's "Mod Summit" article, featuring some of your favourite Tripwire staff sounding off (again). The article was published in the March '06 issue of CGW and 1UP/CGW have put it up on the web - click HERE to take a look!

The second link is to the 1UP Show which features an element on the state of the Mod world, with reference to Red Orchestra and the trailer (at about 08:45 in to the show). This went out in their podcast for 24th Feb and you can find it by clicking HERE! Its a good show and well worth catching on a regular basis, if you don't already :)

Garry Newman said:
I paid more attention to negative feedback. A lot of it made me think, "I'm making this mod for free, be f***ing grateful," but eventually it drove me to make it so they didn't have anything to ***** about. Now the feedback is "Garry is gay," which is a good sign that they've run out of arguments.

Haha, well said!

Upvote 0
completly worthless review of some asian guy leaving to microsoft and disscusing his future plans while taking dump in the toilet booth with some other guy which seems and sounds awfully gay... i wouldn't be surprized if both were gays ...

I hope Tripwire has as little connection to 1up as possible ...
my personal subjective opinion is that I'm against these methods of advertising through gayish 1ups and others... its just ruins the newlyborn athmospere of the TRIPWIRE ... stay away from 1ups and other american based companies of this rank... keep it REAL!
BTW I think you should charge THEM for mentioning ROOST on their show.
sorry LRuCE bEE - sorry for criticizing something that i know really little off. it just was my first expression after downloading and watching 280mb file
"_"

CANT SAY THE SAME ABOUT ARTICLE - ARTICLE AS ALL THE PREVIOUS HIGHLY INTERESTING AND ADDICTIVE

Upvote 0
Stierlitz said:
completly worthless review of some asian guy leaving to microsoft and disscusing his future plans while taking dump in the toilet booth with some other guy which seems and sounds awfully gay... i wouldn't be surprized if both were gays ...

I hope Tripwire has as little connection to 1up as possible ...
my personal subjective opinion is that I'm against these methods of advertising through gayish 1ups and others... its just ruins the newlyborn athmospere of the TRIPWIRE ... stay away from 1ups and other american based companies of this rank... keep it REAL!
BTW I think you should charge THEM for mentioning ROOST on their show.
sorry LRuCE bEE - sorry for criticizing something that i know really little off. it just was my first expression after downloading and watching 280mb file
"_"

CANT SAY THE SAME ABOUT ARTICLE - ARTICLE AS ALL THE PREVIOUS HIGHLY INTERESTING AND ADDICTIVE

Tripwire is still one of the best gaming "companies" for involvement with their community. I doubt that will change with RO:O.

Upvote 0
Hey it's cool - no worries, but next time instead of downloading the files to watch I would advise that you stream it and watch it through Windows Media player, that way you get an instant feel for the show and contents - I liked the game demos - there seems to be an awful lot of in game footage to watch etc and I thought the whole thing held together quite well - the characters/reporters did seem like they were trying to be cool in a cliched / Friends kinda way though - still interesting if you have 15 minutes to kill

Lruce

Upvote 0