• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Certain console commands...

Keeper Of Molgera

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 4, 2011
Hey everyone. First of all, I'm new here, and I did search for this before I posted it :)

Now, I've been looking tohrough the console commands on The Ball, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the health and distance indicators, or the symbols that occasionally pop up (push E to -----). does anyone know the console commands to do these? Thanks in advance guys.

BTW I tried shrinkHUD, and that didnt work, ToggleHUD only removes the bar for survival, and I dont know what else to try, So any help will be appreciated.

Me too

Me too

I want to know how to disable the hud too. I'm interested in buying this game, but only if I can turn off the hud.

Here are some console commands I've found for other unreal engine games that may work. Try them out and let me know.

hidehud
showhud

HideHUD
ShowHUD

You might need to put: ShowHUD On/Off or ShowHUD 1/0 (as in ON or OFF, 0 or 1). I think you can then bind a key to that command in a .ini configuration file.

Upvote 0
another possibility

another possibility

I was looking at the information for the other game Tripwire has made (Red Orchestra), and it seems they're both based on the Unreal Engine.

I found the console command for that game to disable the hud. Maybe it will work for "The Ball" too.

The console command to turn off the hud in that game is:
REMOVEHUD

Another one was:
TOGGLE SCREENSHOTMODE – (Removes all HUD for screenshot taking)

Hopefully one of those works. I don't have the game, so I can't test it. Can anyone verify if any of those console commands turn off the hud in The Ball?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope

Nope

Those commands don't work. I just got the game and tested them all. The only one that does anything is:

togglescreenshotmode

That just turns off the gun, but leaves the hud.

Does anyone know how to do this for certain?

I've found that several UDK games have this problem. Developers aren't using the default methods and commands for displaying the hud.

Hud options should be standard in every game. In old games like Quake and Unreal, the option was as simple as just pressing the + key until the hud went away. I miss those days.

Upvote 0
weird

weird

Ok, I played around some more and figured something out.

If you open the console and type: ShowHUD

and hit enter, nothing seems to happen. However, if you die, you'll go back to the last save point and the hud will be gone.

So, if you start your game, open the console, type ShowHUD, then kill yourself, you'll restart without the hud.

The same works for ToggleScreenShotMode, but that disables the gun immediately and not the hud. However, if you die, you'll restart without the gun or hud visible, but you can still play.

This presents two problems. First, when you reach the end of a level, it resets. You then have to re-enable the hud by opening the console and typing ShowHUD again, then do it again to turn it off (which won't activate until you kill yourself again.)

The main problem is, you can't always kill yourself. Initially you can stand on a torch until you die, but sometimes there aren't any hazards around.

Is there a console command to kill yourself? Better yet, is there a console command that actually turns off the hud when you type it in?

Upvote 0