• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cause of crop circles in australia found

You know what really caught my eye in that jolly little account?

"Australia supplies about 50% of the world's legally-grown opium"

I began to wonder: how does one determine whether a country, a company or a person has the legal mandate to grow poppy or whether it hasn't got it.
I also began to wonder, why Afghan peasants can't grow poppy and earn a living, while persons in Australia can do that - and at the same time, the soldiers of their allies (and Australian soldiers as well) are destroying the poppy fields of their, nomen omen, prospective business competition. Nais.

I would be very grateful to anyone willing and able to elucidate me in regards to the poppy growing mandate issue.

Upvote 0
Oh.. and I always thought it was just drunken bogans running around in their utes.

And it was these guys:
112.jpeg

Upvote 0
You know what really caught my eye in that jolly little account?

"Australia supplies about 50% of the world's legally-grown opium"

I began to wonder: how does one determine whether a country, a company or a person has the legal mandate to grow poppy or whether it hasn't got it.
I also began to wonder, why Afghan peasants can't grow poppy and earn a living, while persons in Australia can do that - and at the same time, the soldiers of their allies (and Australian soldiers as well) are destroying the poppy fields of their, nomen omen, prospective business competition. Nais.

I would be very grateful to anyone willing and able to elucidate me in regards to the poppy growing mandate issue.
I read the other day about a new US policy about Afghan poppy growing, they're giving up eradicating and focusing on things like alternate crops to get rid of the problem. Not sure if Aussies are still in Afghanistan, I know they've been out of Iraq for about a year or two.

A little more on topic: Those things look like kangaroos!!

Upvote 0
I read the other day about a new US policy about Afghan poppy growing, they're giving up eradicating and focusing on things like alternate crops to get rid of the problem. Not sure if Aussies are still in Afghanistan, I know they've been out of Iraq for about a year or two.

A little more on topic: Those things look like kangaroos!!

Alternative crops dont grow so easy and would require expensive fertilizer. And would earn farmers hardly anything!

Upvote 0
this is the funniest thing I've read for quite a while ^^ high kangaroos/wallabies jumping around in circles, lol, if anyone finds a video about this phenomenom please post it, I surely couldn't stop laughing for hours :D

and yes, the people in afghanistan are selling opium and opium based drugs that they illegally export to other countries. the aussies are growing them to produce medicine, which is controlled by the governement, so quite a different thingy, though it's an interesting point.

Upvote 0
I stayed with a mate once who was a gardener in a New-Age healing centre in the town of Glastonbury.

The entire place was full of all the usual BS - there were crystals scattered about and birthing rugs and the usual grab-bag of mystical and pagan stuff - Tibetan anus flutes and such.

The place had a nice jacuzzi though, so I can't fault it.

A couple of really dodgy looking hippies came into the centre one night, sat down for a toke with the manager and said - "Yeah we've done tomorrow's crop circles - here, here and here", pointing to their handiwork on the map.

The next day the centre charged two gullible Dutch women a fair few quid to show them these mysterious circles.

Upvote 0
I stayed with a mate once who was a gardener in a New-Age healing centre in the town of Glastonbury.

The entire place was full of all the usual BS - there were crystals scattered about and birthing rugs and the usual grab-bag of mystical and pagan stuff - Tibetan anus flutes and such.

The place had a nice jacuzzi though, so I can't fault it.

A couple of really dodgy looking hippies came into the centre one night, sat down for a toke with the manager and said - "Yeah we've done tomorrow's crop circles - here, here and here", pointing to their handiwork on the map.

The next day the centre charged two gullible Dutch women a fair few quid to show them these mysterious circles.

Lol, that's awesome.

Upvote 0
In regards to the poppy growing you guys need to think for a second, what is more profitable to the Afghan opium farmers?

1. Processing the crop into opiate based narcotics and selling it for illegal export.

Or.

2. Selling it to the pharmaceuticals industry for manufacture into pain killers like morphine etc.

Where do you think more profits will be made? If you say anything but with option 1 you're being naive. That is why at least for now they will continue to grow this stuff and sell it into drug trade.

Here in Australia it is grown for pharmaceutical purposes, maybe in the future if we can manage to stabilize Afghanistan they can become part of growing it legally. But right now it just isn't possible, and hey even if we do stabilize the place, who's to say they'd want to grow it for legal purposes given where the real money in poppy farming lies?

Upvote 0
Yeah, but the acctual famers get **** all money from their crops, I'm sure it must be a lot less than an assuie farmer gets for his poppies. Of course, problem with the legal drug trade is that demand is rather limited I would think, and Autralia might not be too eager to see another major supplier in the market. Anyway, not going to be possiblity for several years yet i wouldn't think.

Upvote 0