• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Carrier Comman Gaea Mission

Is this something with cool concept art but turns out to be some lame cookie cutter korean game? :\

/edit It's by the people that are making Arma2! What's with all the engrish on the website then?
A SCIFI REALISM GAME? *orgasms*

Omg.. I hope this is like Arma2 in the future and not dumbed like bf2142. This could be absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never heard of this. The trailer looks pretty lame though. Also, armor that serves only to pronounce tits usually isn't the sign of a serious sci-fi game/movie...
However, given the trackrecord of the developers this could turn out to be what Chrome and Chrome Specforce failed to be and Chrome wasn't half-bad.

Another game that could turn out horrible or awesome or anything in between.:confused:

Upvote 0
Wow, Carrier Command is being remade? The original is pretty cool from what I remember. At any rate the previous version's box art rules with its Thunderbirds sixties style :cool: :
Spectrum_-_Carrier_Command.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[url]http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/293-pac-beta-for-carrier-command-gaea-mission[/URL]-

I've been playing the beta since yesterday.
There's no single player, just a skirmish-like mode with about 9 islands instead of the 30 or so you'll find in the full game.

I have to say it's pretty cool.
The engine feels pretty smooth, the terrain is nicely done and the weather effects and world lighting look great.
I love how the Walrus tanks and Manta fighters are released from the inside of the carrier to the outside seamlessly, and how they are scooped back up again in the same way.
Last night I ordered my carrier to travel to another island, and I arrived at night during a lightning storm. I switched camera mode into one of the Walrus tanks and had it deployed from the ship. The atmosphere was awesome.

Walrus tanks drive pretty much like you expect them to, and Manta's are pretty fun to fly around too.
Pathfinding for Walruses is generally pretty good, though I have seen one instance where a Walrus tried to go through the carrier, and on one of the islands there was a bridge which it seemed unable to use properly, but you can navigate around it through the water or drive over it yourself.

The weapons are largely fun to use, though I'm not a big fan of laser weapons, it is one of the more effective ones in the game other than the Walrus cannon.

You can by the way use sliders to more or less customise your skirmish.
By default you start out with the 9 islands divided between you and the enemy, though I like having to start with just a single island.
There is a chance of an island being neutral, usually the structures on there will be destroyed and you have to build a new command centre there which is either focussed on manufacturing, resource gathering, or defense.
Islands can have different kinds of defenses. In one the enemy HQ has a force field around it which protects it from damage, and you need to destroy relay buildings around the island to shut the force field down.
In others you simply have to hack into the building, etc. When you arrive at an island one of your staff will tell you what the island has for defense and what you'll need to do.

Once you have an island or two they are connected through a sort of trade route.
The resource island will automatically gather resources which are used at a production island to manufacture goods. There you can make extra Manta's or Walruses, build weapons to equip these vehicles with, create carrier fuel, hooks for Manta's so they will be able to pick up Walruses, hacking tools, etc etc.
You can either go back to the storage island (one of them will serve as a storage island, while remaining one of the three types as well) to pick these items up, or you can summon a barque to transport these items to you in the field, though there is a weight limit.

The enemy carrier AI I cant say too much about yet, though it seems a bit weird.
On one occasion I ran into it and it utterly destroyed me within a minute, other times I managed to shoot his silhouette through the mist and destroy its command tower, and it seemed rather defenseless.
If it is damaged too heavily it will most of the time try to get out of the fight and back off. Your Walruses won't be able to keep up with it, and your manta's get shot down pretty easily if it still has turrets.
You also run into the carrier quite quickly, but as I said the islands are very limited at the moment. You won't run into him so quickly when there are 30 places he could be instead of 9.

Oh, and a nice detail: island locations are randomised each time, though the islands themselves seem to be pre-made and will remain the same.
But at least the general layout of the islands will be different.

Eager to play some more :)

Upvote 0