• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses

DeV

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Netherlands
header.jpg

After weeks of working in secret we are now ready to announce our project to the public.​

Carpathian Crosses - The Romanian Army in World War II

This is going to be an Add-on for Red Orchestra - Ostfront '41-'45, this means you can play standard maps along with maps like Usatovo or Chisinau. We will introduce new player models, new vehicles and new weapons to the game along with additional gameplay features.​

Make sure to check our website over at:​

Or you can join in on our IRC channel at #carpathiancrosses on the irc.gamesurge.net server!

While you are waiting for new media (which we plan to give out quite often), we hope you can
make yourself comfortable in our forums. To continue the tradition from the RO mod times, we created an "Ideas and Suggestions" forum where you can give your input and help the mod to improve.

Also, we are always looking for talented guys to help us out, if you feel you have what it needs (beside skill, time and dedication is the most important), contact us. To show off some of our work we got you the Romanian R-35 tank. Hope you enjoy the pics.​

Last edited:
Any plans on adding Hungarians once the Romanians are finished? Then we can have the Hungarian vs Romanian battles on the eastern side of Budapest :D .

ya, that would be amazing! awesome stuff guys cant wait to see what you pull off!

from checking your site it seems like you plan only on having the romanians as axis forces. what about having them fight against the axis later in the war (like in budapest, as fyrom suggested)?

it seems like that change in sides is what could make your mod really interesting. the same army fighting against two different enemies!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ya, that would be amazing! awesome stuff guys cant wait to see what you pull off!

from checking your site it seems like you plan only on having the romanians as axis forces. what about having them fight against the axis later in the war (like in budapest, as fyrom suggested)?

it seems like that change in sides is what could make your mod really interesting. the same army fighting against two different enemies!

Atm we plan mostly with earlier war maps, but maps from August 22nd '44 onwards are still on our mind.

Upvote 0
Atm we plan mostly with earlier war maps, but maps from August 22nd '44 onwards are still on our mind.

Would be pretty interesting, since the 7th Romanian Army Corps received a good amount of Soviet equipment on top of their own German and foreign weapons when they were sent to fight in Budapest...so you got units armed with Kars, PPshs, and a whole slew of different machineguns - going up against Honvedseg and SS armed with STG-44s and MG-42s.

Upvote 0
sounds great :)

now we need hungarians and arad can become historicly correct :D

Barring the complaints about choice of tanks :p, Arad is historically correct. The Germans had three panzer divisions, a Heavy Panzer Detachment and two mechanized divisions in the battle, while the Hungarians only had one armored division with light and medium tanks.

Of course, someone could aways make a map of Debrecen...:D

Upvote 0
I really looking forward to this mod, much more than Mare Nostrum. I would love to use mortars, it was my dream since ROOST was in development stage. Can you guys please give some info about them? How are you planning to make them?
I wish you good luck with this project!

Also, can someone give me some historical data: were there only romanians and germans at Crymea, or were there also hungarians?

Upvote 0