• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses

I really looking forward to this mod, much more than Mare Nostrum. I would love to use mortars, it was my dream since ROOST was in development stage. Can you guys please give some info about them? How are you planning to make them?
I wish you good luck with this project!

Also, can someone give me some historical data: were there only romanians and germans at Crymea, or were there also hungarians?

No, each of the "Eastern Axis" followed a track that was effectively due east from their country. So the Romanians followed the Black Sea coast and fought at Odessa and Sevastopol, while the Hungarians fought to the north in the mid-Ukraine, eventually ending up at the Don bend near Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
it's impossible to register on the CC forums. I tried firefox and iexplorer but register button can't be clicked. maybe I do something wrong,

btw, this is an excellent idea.

romanian soldiers in caucasus (looks like pictures from The Thin Red Line :D)

bess-moto.jpg

infcaucazbz1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By add-on do you mean and offical product released with the support of Tripwire?

by add-on we mean something that adds to the gameplay, without actually needing you to start another game/mod than RedOrchestra.
TW has nothing to do with this (beside the help we get from them in several forms)

As for not being able to register, we had several registrations, if you write me a PM here i will look into it.

Upvote 0
by add-on we mean something that adds to the gameplay, without actually needing you to start another game/mod than RedOrchestra.
TW has nothing to do with this (beside the help we get from them in several forms)

As for not being able to register, we had several registrations, if you write me a PM here i will look into it.

ok just making sure, to mean the word add-on is the same as expansion but I understand what your mean now.

Upvote 0
it's impossible to register on the CC forums. I tried firefox and iexplorer but register button can't be clicked. maybe I do something wrong....

Uncheck and recheck the 'I Agree' checkbox to be able to click the register buttom...I had to

My problem is I cannot use my standard name that I always use on all other forums (it says invalid characters for me :( )

Upvote 0
Here are some pics of diferent uniforms used by the Romanian army that may be usefull. Also another picture of an soldier of the Sovjet navy in greatcoat. And I have an book full of Romanian uniforms from WW2 on my computer, add me at msn so I can send it.

Romania - 1941 June, Black Sea, Rating, Danube Flotilla
romania1941juneblacksearatingdanubeflotillaco4.jpg

Romania - 1942 July, Odessa, Private, Infantry Division
romania1942julysouthernussrlieutenant2ndcalarasciregimf0.jpg

Romania - 1942 July, Southern Russia, Lieutenant, 2nd Calarasci Regiment
romania1942julyodessaprivateinfantrydivisionxw0.jpg

Romania - 1945 Mar., Austria, Private, Infantry Division
romania1945maraustriaprivateinfantrydivisiondl9.jpg

And the box art from an 1/72 miniatures kit

HAT8118Box.JPG

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.asp?manu=HAT&code=8118

USSR - 1939 Sep., Archangel, Seaman, Northern Fleet
ussr1939separchangelseamannorthernfleetbh2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
True, unfortunately for the poor souls who had to man them. But there WERE a few distinct romanian tanks they used... which generally, to the best of my knowledge, used 40mm guns. or perhaps i'm thinking of the Hungarian armoured units right now.... I'll have to do to some re-research to get names and stats unfortunately, as 'Romanian armour' hasnt crossed my mind in upwards of 2 years now..

EDIT: Yes i was thinking of the Hungarian armoued units, the Toldi and Turan series. Couldnt find any real distinct romanian designs except for the TACAM conversion series and one promising design that was to be the Romanian take on the german hetzer... That never reached production.

Last edited:
Upvote 0