• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses update

Now all we need is for TWI to announce that this mod will be added to the full game as part of an offical update! Finaly Germans can use something other than the MP-41/40! Also It would fit the game perfictly as this army fought along side the Germans all through the Eastern front!

Also other nations that took part in the Eastern front in Russia that could be added:

Italy: Yes it's true the Germans used the Italian 5th army in the battle of Stalingrad as a flank guard to watch their left flank as they attacked the city.

Astra Hungry: These guys also played a part in the battle of Stalingrad, and a few other major battles as well. The Germans used the 4th, 1st, and 2nd armies in the attack on Russia as a whole.

These armies added to the game would add some much needed veriaty to the game bring in more players as well as open the game up to be accepted as the best Eastern Front game ever made!

Upvote 0
Now all we need is for TWI to announce that this mod will be added to the full game as part of an offical update! Finaly Germans can use something other than the MP-41/40! Also It would fit the game perfictly as this army fought along side the Germans all through the Eastern front!

Also other nations that took part in the Eastern front in Russia that could be added:

Italy: Yes it's true the Germans used the Italian 5th army in the battle of Stalingrad as a flank guard to watch their left flank as they attacked the city.

Astra Hungry: These guys also played a part in the battle of Stalingrad, and a few other major battles as well. The Germans used the 4th, 1st, and 2nd armies in the attack on Russia as a whole.

These armies added to the game would add some much needed veriaty to the game bring in more players as well as open the game up to be accepted as the best Eastern Front game ever made!

The main reason that I agree with this idea, is that there are already - at the times I play - so few players online that if the 3 mods took their share of them there would be no full servers between any of the games. :(

Upvote 0
The main reason that I agree with this idea, is that there are already - at the times I play - so few players online that if the 3 mods took their share of them there would be no full servers between any of the games. :(

we are well aware of this. This is the reason that we started Carpathian Crosses with the intention, that it doesnt require a seperate start and that you can play vanilla RO right next to CC stuff. If you and the server have our mod installed, you will be able to play for example Nalchik right after Odessa without and hassle, just like you'd play any other RO map.

Upvote 0
we are well aware of this. This is the reason that we started Carpathian Crosses with the intention, that it doesnt require a seperate start and that you can play vanilla RO right next to CC stuff. If you and the server have our mod installed, you will be able to play for example Nalchik right after Odessa without and hassle, just like you'd play any other RO map.

Thats good news, I'm happy to hear it.

Upvote 0
I have to admit, I'm kind of confused about the latest Carpathian Crosses web update.

They show the Romanians using the M95 long rifle. I thought that the Romanians were using Vz24 Mauser rifles that they purchased from the Czechs on the East Front?

And even if they did use some M95s, shouldn't the short carbine model be modelled instead of the long rifle? I thought the long rifle version of the M95 was only used in WWI?

And if used, were these converted to 8mm Mauser from the 8mmR Steyr round?

Anybody know?

Upvote 0
I have to admit, I'm kind of confused about the latest Carpathian Crosses web update.

They show the Romanians using the M95 long rifle. I thought that the Romanians were using Vz24 Mauser rifles that they purchased from the Czechs on the East Front?

And even if they did use some M95s, shouldn't the short carbine model be modelled instead of the long rifle? I thought the long rifle version of the M95 was only used in WWI?

And if used, were these converted to 8mm Mauser from the 8mmR Steyr round?

Anybody know?

the romanians used several rifles, Kar98k, Vz24, several Mannlicher variants. We'll see what others the future will hold :)

officially it was rechambered to 8mm mauser.

Upvote 0
My M95 Long rifle, and M95/31 (a cut down long rifle) were not converted to 8mm Mauser. They were both converted to 8x56r. They were originally chambered in 8x50r.

Exactly what I was thinking.

If the Romanians had to issue 8x56R as well as 8MM Mauser ammo this had to be a logstics nightmare for them as well as confusing to the soldiers.

The Russian captured M95s from the EF were all in 8x50R when they hit the U.S. Market recently and AFAIK they were ALL carbine length.

This is why I am confused as to why they chose to model the long rifle which may be chambered for 8x50r.

Did the Romanians in fact use three different types of main battle rifle ammo?
I can just see some poor supply clerk shuffling through 8x50r, 8x56r and 8mm Mauser and trying to figure out which units got what.

This does not sound right to me but I am no expert.

Perhaps one of the developers of this MOD could clear things up for us.

Upvote 0