Carpathian Crosses Released

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I. Kant

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2007
I came.

Edit: 40 minutes and I'll vidi et vici, or something like that.

Last edited:

Nekto

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 13, 2008
I don't like that crew in t-26 dies and tank continues to stand in 90%... so I have to go from respawn to tank... that takes a lot of time

Britney Federline

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
I don't like that crew in t-26 dies and tank continues to stand in 90%... so I have to go from respawn to tank... that takes a lot of time

The idea behind that is that the squishy flesh of the crew is a lot easier to damage than the steel of the tank.

[TW]DrGuppy

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Nov 22, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
For Ardon I will most likely make some tweaks as to how the tank spawn system works. Maybe I will move the spawns up but put a higher timer on how long it takes the tanks to reappear. That way I can shorten the walking distance if you do get killed. Also, I had to switch the Soviet role infos at the last minute and forgot to set a limit for the Soviet tank commanders so they can be unlimited right now. This will be fixed in the patch. :)

merder

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2006
California
After having played a while longer, I've gotta say that I absolutely love the atmosphere and feel of the mod. It's somewhat like the old OstFront atmosphere, but much darker and more intense. Absolutely stunning.

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
For Ardon I will most likely make some tweaks as to how the tank spawn system works. Maybe I will move the spawns up but put a higher timer on how long it takes the tanks to reappear. That way I can shorten the walking distance if you do get killed. Also, I had to switch the Soviet role infos at the last minute and forgot to set a limit for the Soviet tank commanders so they can be unlimited right now. This will be fixed in the patch. :)

That's cool, it be nice if you could also add a few extra tanks in that map especially at the spawn points. It's just that whenever I get into someone else's tank most of the time they unpolitely tell me to get the f*** out :mad:

Last edited:

Luther

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2006
Perth, Western Australia
Love this mod and everything about it. Mortar is becoming my new favorite role and very satisfying killing someone with it. Oh and a very nice surprise I had last night. Was bombarding the centre trench system of Maikob (think that is the name) and after hitting the roof of the dugout like three times I killed those under it :). I do know you scared me away from trying to make a map for this as the quality of the maps is to much for me! Absolutely wonderful.

XAN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2007
Ukraine, Kiev
That's cool, it be nice if you could also add a few extra tanks in that map especially at the spawn points. It's just that whenever I get into someone else's tank most of the time they unpolitely tell me to get the f*** out :mad:
Solotanking on combined maps is idiotic.

Shadrach

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2006
Elitist Prick Ski Lodge
stian.freeshell.org
Love this mod and everything about it. Mortar is becoming my new favorite role and very satisfying killing someone with it. Oh and a very nice surprise I had last night. Was bombarding the centre trench system of Maikob (think that is the name) and after hitting the roof of the dugout like three times I killed those under it :). I do know you scared me away from trying to make a map for this as the quality of the maps is to much for me! Absolutely wonderful.

Yea, when you hit the roof of a bunker a certain number of times (three?) it caves in killing everyone inside. Done it myself yesterday, got to say its a very satisfying moment :D

DarkRoy12

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2006
UK BlackPool
Eh? the Mod isent showing up in my Steam Games list :/

Edit:
Oh sorry dident know you had to join through RO

Last edited:

Thalvik

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2007
Congratulatios for this great Mod, mates !!! ...and THANK YOU !!!

At the moment I don't have time to check out all the great stuff implemented but from my few first looks: AWESOME !!!
The maps, tanks, roles and gameplay are great.
My favorite "eye-candies" are the russian naval forces ...and the glasses!

Hmmm, this is a fanboyresque post. But the truth had to be told. :rolleyes:

petermanchester

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 26, 2008
Virus found in Carpathian Crosses download.

Virus found in Carpathian Crosses download.

Sorry to find a fly in the ointment.

E:\Downloads\Red Orchestra Mods\carpathiancrosses.exe
  • File was infected with "W32/DNSChanger.BA" virus and was unable to be disinfected. File was deleted instead.

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Could you PM me where you downloaded it? The files handed out to the mirrors by us where checked and malware free. I heard about certain AV programms not liking the installer, but the report was different.