• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Official Opinion Topic

OK I had a problem with installing.As far as I know my install is default:

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra

but the cc installer wanted to go here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\CC

which did not install for me.After changing the installer path to match my install it worked fine.

Upvote 0
Great mod overall, feels very polished and many of the features are groundbreaking. Here are the things I thought needed some work:

- The anti-tank grenades are way too powerful and need tweaking, they should have to actually land on the tank to do damage, not a couple of meters away from it. Reminds me of satchels really.

- T-26 tank driver needs to be able to look closer to the slit. This is the only tank in the entire RO + CC + AHZ arsenal that doesn't have this feature.

- The MP28 model should be lowered a bit when running, it takes up too much of the view and makes it seem like the soldier is holding it way up at his chin which must be pretty awkward.

Hmm that's pretty much all I can think of at the moment, not bad for a beta. :)

Upvote 0
Well the install went sweetly and started first time :)

The Romanian voice acting is simply SUPERB!!!! :D Along with the new weapon sounds. The Romanian MG sounds like a beast!

So far the whole experience has probably been the most realistic Ive had playing RO!!

But as mentioned above, you need to be able to get closer to the slit in the T26. Also theres a delay in the R35 when firing. The reload sequence looks complete but there is still a slight wait till you can fire! Also love the way the crews are taken out without the whole tank exploding!

Upvote 0
Also love the way the crews are taken out without the whole tank exploding!
Blowing up and being blown up by hand grenades happens a lot to drivers now :D

Anyway, I think it's awesome, there's still some flaws and stuff to fix, but considering this is beta 1 it is very polished.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be playing vanilla RO for a while, and I really want to try Ardon on a 50 player server!

Upvote 0
Great mod, it has officially bought me back to RO! Feels like a whole new experience, even though its still on the eastern front. The Romanian rifle (the larger one with the detachable bayonet) is awesome, definately my favorite rifle compared to all the others. It just feels so powerful, especially the sound it makes.

A few things that need touching up: Firstly, the romanian smg uses the mp 40 sounds (both firing and reload animation sounds) which is a bit strange. I'm guessing that will be changed in later releases. Also, I seem to be getting knocked out of a tank and killed a bit too much. I've just played for an hour on the large tank map (chisinau..?) and out of the many times I was killed in a tank, not once did it blow up, I was always killed by being knocked out.

However, these are only minor gripes, and I can thoroughly say that the mod is superb, and its only in beta stage! Pints all round to the devs!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First off, great mod. The AT nades are awesome, the new smgs are awesome, the new rifles are awesome, etc. etc. I was getting a bit of a wierd fps drop up on a certain hill in Ardon, only when I looked in a certain direction (there were a few trees, but no real reason that the fps would drop so much, maybe it draws the city behind the trees?). Anyway, I'll put some pics up in the edit. Can't wait for this mod to get some more popularity and start seeing some populated US servers :D.

Good FPS

Bad FPS

Last edited:
Upvote 0