• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release Capture The Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point, I'm getting loads (60/seconds :O) of this error on the client:

Code:
[6673.22] DevPhysics: Error (206) in file ..\..\Core\Common\src\cloth\Cloth.cpp, line 4197: Cloth collision: Limit for number of collision shapes was reached. Collision failures expected.

Any idea?

Upvote 0
one bug - when enemy killed with flag in upstairs flag room during the process of mantling - the flag hovered in mid air where he was mantling but it was too high to retrieve by jumping or mantling again in the window. Terrific map!

I have reviewed the logs and it looks like the bug was caused by an error in the logic to take the flag. The guy was killed, the flag was dropped. But somehow the dead pawn 'took' the flag a millisecond after that. And that screwed the flag. Generally dead pawns don't collide the flag, but for some reason it happened under these circumstances. I'll add a check to make sure the pawn is alive, and hopefully it will fix the problem.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's possible for any map to be played rifles only.

The way weapon selection is set in this game... well, there's 2 ways...

1. The server admin disallows all other weapons except for rifles. This will unrank a server by the way, so no experience points for you (Thanks a lot TWI *roll eyes*). I wager that this is the main reason why you don't see any Rifles Only servers now, as no server admin wants to run an unranked server on a regular basis.

2. As part of the regular process of making a custom map, the custom map maker has to set which player classes and weapons are available for each team, so if he wanted to make a rifles only version of his map, he could just restrict the class selection to Riflemen.

As to whether or not we at |DD| will run a rifles only map (or maps) in our regular rotation, I wouldn't rule it out as we have done that for games in the past, but I don't think that it is likely for the time being. We'd need to see enough demand for it from the community (personally, I'm for it). If there is, then we'll consider giving it a try, but for now I think we need to make sure that CTF works with the game "as is" before we try mixing in any other custom styles.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
For my part I liked to play with one type of weapon in UT2K4 in ICTF.

suggestion end of round

limit was set to capture flags (example 8) more maximum time limit handle
no limit reinforcing

The limit of captures is configurable by the admin: it is not a fix limit. A server could set it to 2, and another could set it to 999. ATM, on the server, the limit is 10-12. The time limit is 40-45 minutes. It is almost impossible to cap 10-12 flags in 40-45 minutes, unless the team are unbalanced. So there is 'virtually' not flag limit, but it stays there as a 'guard' to prevent one team from being destroyed for 45 minutes ;).

Upvote 0
keep up the great work. Can't wait to get this in my hands,so i can start mapping for it. :D

Thanks. I'm working on a tutorial to explain to modders how to implement CTF on their maps, I'll post when it's complete. But I also need to fix this issue before any file can be shared. Otherwise modders would also cook the CTF files, which would become incompatible with the files of any other CTF modder, even if they are identical.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.